Prologue- Dragon & Dove

Everyone was eagerly awaiting the arrival of the king's first child.

Viserys paced nervously outside the delivery chamber, listening to his beloved wife Aemma scream in pain. He was afraid he couldn't breathe and his eyes were dark.

Before long, Maester came out of the chamber with a crestfallen expression. The old man ran his fingers through his grey hair. "Is that-" Maester tried to get out.

Viserys looked behind the older man and saw his wife on the bed. His ears were flattened with stress and happiness that he hadn't even listened to the saddened man.

Aemma was holding a small purple child in her arms. The king mindlessly ran towards her to see his first born child.

"Aemma...my love..." He whispered as he took his child in his arms. Without hesitation, Aemma handed the little bundle of joy to Viserys.

"It's a girl..." whispered Aemma with tears in her eyes as she saw the King rocking the little baby.

The small yet still wrinkled baby slept in her father's arms. Silver hair and violet eyes beating the word 'Targaryen' into her eyes.

"Rhaenyra..." said the king with a smile. Viserys was looking at little Rhaenyra with all his might.

But his intent gaze was interrupted by another child's cry. His eyes shifted uncomprehendingly to the bawling child being washed in water. It was splashing its little hands and feet for dear life.

The maid was wrapping the other baby in a blanket. Viserys looked at Aemma, uncomprehending.

"They're twins..." Aemma replied to the unspoken question and grabbed her husband's hand. She was glad that she had survived the birth of two large children and that they were healthy.

Viserys looked at the second child that the servant was carrying towards him.

"And this one is too?" The King asked a little disappointed when he saw that this child also had no penis.

"Yes, my King. You have two daughters.." Said the maid with a smile and handed the baby to Queen Aemma. Aemma cradled her and stroked her silver hair.

"Her name will be Aelynor..." Aemma said, kissing her second daughter on the forehead.

Ever since they were little, Aelynor and Rhaenyra looked exactly alike. Even their father couldn't tell which daughter was which.

Viserys never tried to make distinctions, but he and everyone else could see that Rhaenyra, only a few minutes older than her twin Aelynor, had the blood of a dragon. She's ruthless and fearless. She always did what she wanted and didn't look down on others.

Unlike Aelynor, she was always the calm and quiet child that everyone would simply overlook. She never caused trouble and loved to smile from ear to ear.

Everyone started nicknaming them, "Dragon and Dove" because they were so different.

But even though they were so different and the only thing they had in common was their identical appearance, they still liked each other very much and wouldn't give a shot without each other. They'd be like a body without a soul.

                                                          -

The great golden colored dragon sat in the Dragon's Pit  and the young Rhaenyra leapt off the monstrous beast. She stroked her dragon and smiled before walking away, her teeth removing her black leather gloves.

"Welcome back, Princess," said the bald man in armour, his white cloak flowing over his back. "I trust your ride was satisfying." Ser Harrold added.

"Do not try to look relived." Rhaenyra said with a smile as she passed him.