I sighed sheepishly. "Well, I sort of got fired," I admitted, proceeding to recount the situation from the beginning, laying out the details for her.

There's a certain power in women who speak their minds without filters, making them both formidable and intriguing.

Riddhi's voice cut through the air like a damn storm. "So, you get fucking conned by some masked rando, your spineless boss fires you like a heartless jerk, and here you are, attempting to maintain composure while being interviewed for a damn spot boy position rather than beating the shit out of them?" She wasn't just angry; she was fuming.

I tried to calmly explain my perspective. "Well, there wasn't much I could've done, right?"

Sana, sipping her coffee on the side, chimed in, "He was planning to make a comeback."

"Comeback? There?" Riddhi's gaze bore into me with fury, and within the confines of her eyes, I could see my impending damn doom.

"Thanks for that Sana," I said with a sarcastic grin.

She shrugged, not missing a beat with her coffee and phone. "Hey, that's what friends are for – brutal honesty and a side of caffeine."

Riddhi sighed, slamming her head on the table in frustration before straightening up. "Does your mom know?"

I shook my head.

"Well, she should."

I sighed, grappling with the dilemma, "What on earth am I supposed to say to her? 'Hey, Mom, did you know? I got fired, and now I'm jobless. Also, got conned today. Haha.' That's not exactly the kind of news she'd appreciate."

Riddhi rolled her eyes, "I get it's tough, but you've got to tell her sooner or later. Why not rip off the bandage now?"

"Look, I need some time, alright? Let me secure the spot boy position first. After that, I'll break the news to her," I reasoned.

"Your life, your call," Riddhi remarked.

Sana finally looked up from her phone, "Are you guys done?"

"Oh, yeah," I replied.

"Well then, Riddhi, forgive the abrupt interruption, but Singh needs to accompany me to the set now. I'll introduce him to the director, and we'll finalize everything," she announced. Rising gracefully from her seat, she seized her car keys and glided towards the exit. "Singh, feel free to say your goodbyes and join me outside. I'll be waiting." Her long, ebony locks cascaded behind her like a captivating waterfall.

Observing her departure, Riddhi quirked a smirk and remarked, "She's got that mommy vibe."

"Too much information, damn it," I grumbled, executing a swift turn to leave.

"Wait," Riddhi called out in a contemplative tone, holding my attention once again. "Feel free to reach out if you need anything," She chimed in, absorbed in a magazine she had stumbled upon at the café counter.

"Sure thing," I mumbled, leaving the shop. Outside, I found Sana patiently waiting in her stylish Audi, because settling for anything less wasn't her style.

"Hurry up," she quipped, a hint of impatience in her voice as she gestured for me to hop in.

I swiftly moved towards the opposite door of the car, climbed in, and shut the door with a satisfying thud. Ah, the comfort of sitting inside a luxurious car was truly a pleasant experience.

"All set?" she asked, tapping the steering wheel.

"You're driving?" I asked in surprise.

She raised an eyebrow, "You make it sound like a crime."