ᆞPᆞᆞoᆞᆞoᆞᆞfᆞ

Start from the beginning

As the truck slowed in front of Beales Oval, a cricket field, Caleb sat in the drivers seat, the gears in his head shifting. "Max, you know west Adelaide better than we do, right?"

"Right."

"Then how about we do a little sightseeing?"

"No." She immediately dismissed the idea.

"Why not?" Caleb whined.

"We're supposed to be in school?"

"We won't even go off track! You just have to point things out as we pass them

She sat there, just staring at him, as if she was thinking about how angry she was. "Okay, fine. We'll go sightseeing."

"Wow, I really didn't think you had it in you, Max." Conan said.

"Shut up, you insufferable ass cloud. Keep driving, Caleb." She cleared her voice, switching it to a tour guide voice. "Alright, we are heading down Glover Avenue, and if you look to your right... you will see Gladys Park..."

Throughout the trip, Caleb kept making remarks about the places that Max pointed out. I noticed she was pointing out the most boring things, as she just wanted to get this trip over with.

"... that is Taylors Lane. Somewhere down that road is Temple Christian College... oh, look! You can see it from here."

I silently cursed Caleb for bringing us here. It was starting to get stuffy in the truck.

"... and now we are currently on River Street. Over there is Holstens-"

"What is that?" I pointed to the left side of the street, where I could see a shimmer on the ground, like someone placed a huge mirror in a forest.

Conan had fallen asleep seconds ago, so Max leaned over him. "Thats Torrens River. Nothing special there-"

"Max, its literally been the only cool thing on this trip."

"Well then, you've set some high standards for this little town. But anyway, there's the flour truck." She pointed at the truck as Caleb switched the vehicle off.

What happened next was definitely not expected.

Caleb usually thinks he's hilarious. That's what led him to going "Boo!" Which made Conan jerk awake.

Conan hand hit something in the truck, which made the vehicle roll a little to the left. Then a lot to the left.

Max scrambled over Conan and opened his door (thank god she's rational in stressful situations) then pushed Conan out.

I hoped Caleb would know how to control the direction and fix it, but instead followed what Max did, opened his door and helped me out with him.

The truck rolled forward and right into the river.

"Run!" Max yelled.

I assumed she wanted us to run because if we were caught, we'd get in huge trouble, but as soon as we were a far enough distance, the chemicals in the storage space of the truck started to fizz and create steam. I was sure that any moment soon, the truck would burst open.

The flour truck wasn't that far away. If the sodium truck actually did explode, maybe the flour truck would work as a capsule and keep us safe.

My irrational, panicking brain opened the flour truck and hopped in. Caleb followed. Max and Conan were no where to be seen when we closed the door.

______________

~3RD PERSON~

"Mr Alcander?" A student, Gabrielle, put her hand up. "Hasn't Sadie been gone a pretty long time now?"

Mr Alcander had to agree. Sadie had been gone way too long. But his boss did tell him that the new students would be a handful.

Just as Mr Alcander was about to answer, Sadie walked in, a minute before the lesson was over, covered head to toe in some strange white powder.

"I got stuck in the bathroom." She said simply and walked to her desk, exhausted.

~MILLIES POV~

???

Sadie, you do realize that you'll have to talk to me soon, right?

You can't leave me on seen forever.

Okay, now I'm torn between whether she's ignoring some ex because she realized how much she likes me, or she's keeping this mystery person on her hook.

Who knows, really? She kept me on her hook for a long time and we all know how that turned out.

"What did you find?" Noah asked, studying my face for answers.

"I... I don't know."

I showed Noah. He scrolled through the rest of the chat, reading a few messages here and there.

"Hey, look at this one..." he whispered. "'If not for me, come for Spencer. He was always there for you.' What do you think that means?"

I really with I had a clue what was going on.

I opened up this unknown contact and copied the number into my phone. I decided it would be best to text them myself and find out who they are.

I didn't know how to start the message, since I didn't know who I was talking to. So I tried my luck:

Millie

Hello?

To my surprised, they answered almost immediately.

???

Hello

I decided the best approach would be to not beat around the bush and ask how they know her.

Millie

You know Sadie Sink, right?

???

Of course I know her

She's one of the most important people in my life

Why?

Did something happen to her?

Millie

No

Maybe

I just really need to know how you know her

???

She hasn't told you?

Very typical of her not to tell people who I am to her.

If you must know, I am her father.

-------------------

A/N

🤭🤭🤭