Chapter 3

Paul Nicholson's Point of View

22nd September 2023

TW: Swearwords

As I was about to walk back to the hotel, Philip spoke up again. "Actually Paul," Phil started to say. I turned to look at him. "maybe we should rinse that..." the German said with a slightly worried expression on his face. Just then I realised that it was bleeding. I moved my hand up and felt cheek. I bit my lip as I felt the cool liquid on my face. I looked at my blood stained fingers. I nodded and we went back inside. We made it to the bathroom so we could fix it. There stood Kirk Bevins, he didn't notice me right away. "Oh there you are-- what happened?" Kirk asked sounding a bit worried. "It's a long story, maybe it's best if we don't talk about it right now." I said as Phil helped me rinsing the small wound. "Kirk, go find a band-aid." Phil said without even asking, like that sounded like a command. He didn't question it and went to find one. Just two minutes later he came back and handed it to Phil. The German carefully aplied the band-aid on my cheek. "Thanks." I said with a little grateful smile on my face. "No problem, now go find Dan." Phil said smiling back. I left the bathroom and started walking away. I stopped walking and thought for a while. I had felt some tension between the two, I'm curious. I walked back and peaked in. Just as I did, Phil and Kirk's lips connected. My eyes widened for a split second, but then a smile spread on my face. Good for them. I turned and started walking back to the hotel.

I unlocked the door and stepped in. I locked the door behind me and quickly took off my shoes and jacket. I walked towards the bed where Dan was sat. Either he hadn't noticed that I was here, or else he was trying to ignore me. I sat down next to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. He flinched slighty and turned to me. "That really startled me.. I didn't realise you were here." he said quietly. "Are you alright?" I asked as we locked eyes. "Not really-- what happened to you??" he asked sounding worried. I didn't want to tell him what happened between me and Matt just a while ago, so I stayed quiet. "Are you okay Paul?" Dan asked quietly, with a hint of worry in his voice. "Yeah, but you aren't." I replied, now trying to make him forget that anything happened to me. "It- it's okay, I mean--" he attempted to say. "It's not okay, come here." I said as I pulled him into a hug. He hesitated, but eventually hugged back. "Does it still hurt?" I whispered in his ear. "Not where he slapped." he replied very quietly. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked. "The words still hurt," he said even quieter. "but you agree with him, right?" he asked with a shaky voice. "No, I love your ideas." I said hugging him a bit tighter. "R- really?" he asked sounding like he could cry. "Yeah, I love them as much as you." I said. Shit, it slipped out. Dan pulled away, he looked shocked. "W- what?" he asked with a tint of blush on his face. "I love you Dan." I said. "I... I love you too." he said with a genuinely happy smile on his face. I pulled him in and kissed him gently on the lips. He kissed back, and it felt amazing.