sodium and strokes

Start from the beginning

Then, I see Sadie. First I think: Why is she always roaming this hallway? Followed by: Finally! Someone I've known for years to make me feel less out of place!

"Hey...?"

"Sadie! We really need your help." I take her by the arm so she can't protest. We actually don't need her help, but at least I have someone sane with me.

"With what?"

"Um..." how do I explain? "Just come with us and I promise it will make sense. Eventually."

~SADIES POV~

Behind the school is an area covered by trees with a single road built through it. There, pulled over, was a truck.

Max went around the back and pulled the gates of the vehicle's storage open. I didn't know how to react when I saw piles and piles of white power in giant sacks in the back.

Caleb Reginald Mclaughlin, what the fuck have you done?

"What is this?" Caleb exclaimed, surprised at the contents of the vehicle.

"200 4kg sacks of cake flour." Max explains.

Oh, sweet relief, its cake flour.

"This is 4 kilograms?!" Caleb says, confused. "I wanted 200 little bags that look like they have cocaine in them!"

"Dude, learn the metric system." Conan says, irritated.

Caleb inspects the contents, still dumbfounded. I look up and down the bags. I really can't believe the type of shit Caleb manages to pull off.

All is fine until I get too close to the flour and the sharp smell makes me stumble back, worried.

"What's that smell?" Caleb inhaled near the flour. "Max, you did order flour, right?"

"Yeah. I'm sure I did."

Caleb doesn't look entirely convinced. He put one hand on a bag and found a spot where his foot fit perfectly. With one heave, he hoisted himself up, his head able to see the top of the bags and read the labels on them. When he saw what they said, he shrieked in a Lucas Sinclair way and jumped down, wiping his hands on his clothes.

"Close it! Lock it! Dont breathe it in! Dont touch your eyes or face or mouth and definitely wash it off immediately!" He cries, already swinging one door closed.

"What's wrong? God, its not actual cocaine, is it?" I asked, helping close up.

"Worse. This is pure powdered sodium."

Oh crap.

~MILLIES POV~

After what felt like hours of miscommunication and lack of understanding, Noah agreed to go through with the plan.

Noah and I entered the class that I'm pretty sure Sadie was in when I texted her. Mr Alcanders class.

When I walked in, however, Sadie wasn't there. Noah walked in beside me, careful to keep the broken side of his face away from the teacher's eyes.

"Uh, sir, do you mind if we interrupt this lesson?" I asked, eyeing the notice board at the back of the classroom. There was one huge sheet of chart paper in the middle with a diagram of an egg cell fusing with a sperm cell.

"Sure. Go ahead." He allowed us in.

"Great. We're with the school's new Green Team. The Green Team is supposed to make sure the school is an environmentally friendly place. We have reason to suspect that the ink on that chart might be extremely toxic."

As expected, everyone gasped.

"Permission to take it down?" I asked Mr Alcander.

"Permission granted." He said and gestured for us to move to take it down.

I let Noah go to the back of the class, but didn't follow. He went to the back and started to remove a thumbtack.

When he tried to remove a second one, his hard started shaking. Then his whole arm. Then he jersey himself backwards.

"Sir, are you okay?" Mr Alcander asked.

Noah didn't reply, but started babbling gibberish.

"I think he's having a stroke!" one kid shouted and chaos broke out as everyone was focused on Noah.

On the other side of the class, I went behind the teachers desk and quickly pulled open the confiscation drawer. It had Sadies phone in it, as expected. I grabbed it and stuffed it in my pocket, then sent Noah a thumbs up.

Noah, who was on the floor at that point with people crowding around him simply stood up.

"I was just messing with you guys!" He said, loud and clear for everyone to hear and followed me out into the hallway like nothing had happened.

In the library, I unlocked Sadies phone, but my finger hovered over the messages app.

"Whats wrong?" Noah asked.

"It's just... I'm scared of what I'll find. What if I don't like it?"

"Well... its better to find out on your own than have her leave you over something you don't even know about." Noah tried to assure me, but it only made my fears worse. He really has no faith in her.

Preparing myself for the worst, I opened it...

--------------------

A/N

Five votes and five comments if you wanna find out what millie found.