Bonjour, Mr. Singh

Start from the beginning

"Alright then," she paused, "Work for me."

"Wait, what?" I blurted out in utter surprise.

"You mentioned needing a job, so here's an offer," she stated matter-of-factly.

"You're an actress," I said, my words cautious.

"And?"

"I mean, what exactly would I be doing there?" I mumbled.

She sighed, "Become my spot boy. And before you protest, I know it's not the most glamorous job, but it'll pay your bills just fine. Consider it temporary until you find a better opportunity."

"I'm, um," I hesitated.

"No need to act like you're being forced, dude. It's your call in the end," she said gently.

Glancing at my furry companions, peacefully sleeping as quiet as mice, my eyes then landed on the side table. There, a photo frame held the picture of the most beautiful woman in my life – my mother.

"I'm in," I declared with determination.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's rendezvous at Blueberry Cafe tomorrow at 9 AM," she mentioned. "I've got a shoot, so I'll have to cut this short."

"Got it. Enjoy your shoot."

"Goodbye, Singh," she uttered softly before ending the call.

I leaned back against the sofa's headrest after our call, a soft smile playing on my lips as I closed my eyes. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a fresh start, and you know what? I cherish this day. It's akin to that pivotal episode in a drama where the protagonist faces loss, and the audience anticipates a somber turn of events. However, they surprise everyone by emerging with a newfound passion, leaving the audience both stunned and impressed.

"Ah, note to self: fewer Turkish dramas," I sighed internally.

Turning back to the television, I discovered that RCB's innings had wrapped up. Disappointed and lacking the energy to dive into the next innings, I switched off the TV. As I sat there, my gaze lingered on the now black and lifeless screen.

"Meh, it's not like they're going to win a match where the odds heavily favor the chasers over defenders. But hey, what do I know? RCB has a lineup of great players – King Kohli, Faf, and now this newbie star, Kabir," I mumbled to myself. "Hm, I wonder how many runs he scored," I mused.

Shaking my head to banish thoughts of the cricket match, I left Sweater and Jumper peacefully asleep on the sofa. Strolling lazily to my bedroom, I reached one end of the bed and executed a dramatic WWE-style jump, crashing onto it like a pro wrestler's slam.

Basking in the comforting scent of the bedsheets, I chuckled and mumbled, "One of these days, I'm gonna break this bed." With that amusing thought, my eyes gently closed.

After a good few hours, I awoke to the gentle chitter-chatter of pigeons outside. The morning was pleasantly cloudy, providing respite from the usual heat. Recalling my conversation with Sana the previous day, I quickly glanced at my phone. To my relief, it was only 7 AM—I still had plenty of time to prepare.

"Rise and shine, Spotboy Singh! We can't afford to be fashionably late on your first day of work." With that, I jumped out of bed and hurried to the bathroom to freshen up.

After freshening up, I decided to start the day with a simple breakfast of bread and jam. I hadn't eaten the night before since my appetite wasn't at its peak.

As I sat at the table, I couldn't help but glance over at the sofa in the living room, where my two furry companions, Sweater and Jumper, were still sound asleep. Their peaceful slumber brought a light chuckle to my lips.