Chapter 7: Aftermath and the Truth

The loot house door opened, and everyone turned to look. Reinhard calmly walked into the loot house, his uniform spotless. "What's going on here?" He asked calmly

"If you can give me a min, I happily explain everything, but first I have some business to attend to at the moment." Said Issei

Reinhard nodded slowly at Issei, kinda stunned by his appearance and a little on guard with the power he felt from this individual.

Issei truns his attention to Rom and Felt and walked over to them, sheepishly  he says " yo sorry about your place but I believe that we agreed on thirty gold coins," He said, handing her the bag. "That's about 36 gold coins. You can keep the extra to pay for damages we caused to the house."

Felt stared at the bag with wide eyes. "You're giving me this?" Felt whispered.

Issei shrugged. "Well, we had a deal, didn't we? That gold should be enough to get you guys out of here, right? Start over someplace good?" He smiled at her even, "I know you don't want to owe me anything, so let's just call it a business investment. You can help me play some pranks on Tella sometime!" He laughed.

Felt looked at Subaru in disbelief, her red eyes filling up with tears.

"Hey, no crying," Issei chided with a smile. "I'm the only one who would have gotten hurt in this fight, so I'm the only one allowed to cry."

Issei crouched down in front of them. "I need you to give me what you took," He told.  gently, holding out his hand.

She looked at this confusingly and then understood, "Oh your wife, as it I believe." She said softly

Turning to Ophis, who still has a deadpan expression, she just pointed to Subaru. Nodding at this

He was about to call him over when he saw what he was doing

"Lady Satella," Subaru began formally. Subaru and Issei noticed everyone around him jump when he said this, but he didn't know why.

Satella just looked away awkwardly. "I promised you that we would return your insignia," He held it out to her in his hand. "We've fulfilled our promise," Subaru said with a proud smile. The pride he felt right now was unimaginable. He felt like he'd accomplished something and that he'd done it well even if he didn't do a lot. It wasn't slaying the dragon. It wasn't saving the world. But he and Issei said they would help Satella, and they had done so.

"Let me see that!" Reinhard demanded, grabbing Subaru's hand and staring at the tiny red jewel glowing on the badge. "Impossible," He whispered.

Subaru gave Reinhard a pained look and, with confusion, asked, "Hey, Reinhard, buddy, I'm trying to have a moment here with Satella, and you're kind of stepping all over it."
Issei facepalms at this and muttered moron while Felt giggle and Rom was looking on with amusement.

Subaru looked back at Satella and smiled at her. Satella stood there, seemingly frozen in place. "Here you go, Satella." Subaru said, depositing the insignia in her palm.

Satella's face twisted with guilt and shame. "Subaru," She whimpered. "That's not my real name."

Fucking knew it, issei thinks with a smirk

Subaru blinked. "It's not?"

Subaru felt something rip in his side and he fell to the floor. Blood was pouring out of his side. A lot of blood.

Elsa throws her blade at Subaru trying at least kill one person before she escapes

"Hang on, Subaru!" Reinhard and iseei said, while Reinhard is trying to staunch the wound. Satella knelt down beside him in tears and Rom and Felt hurried over as well.