II. Eyes like sinking ships

─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

"REGULUS DARLINGG!!"

─── ・ 。゚☆ *.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

While sat at one of the many library tables, Regulus helped Pandora revise for her upcoming astronomy exam. The rest of the school day had been a bit of a blur since potions, everything was rather boring - though it didn't help that all he wanted to do was go to his dorm and fall asleep.

"Reg, what's this one?" Pandora pointed to the diagram in her work book, with a puzzled look on her face. Regulus was the go to friend to help with studying, especially astronomy. Which was rather cliché, judging by his families names - But he was very good at it. "That's the Leo constellation." He spoke with a smile has he peered over his friends shoulder.

Pandora scribbled something down on her parchment and turned away to scan the room, her eyes lighting up at the sight of a certain girl. "Hey Lily!" She waved over the red haired girl, Regulus scolded his friend in his head and snapped his head up to see Lily Evans sitting down next to him.

"Hi! Hey Regulus." The girl spoke with a sickly sweet smile and placed a pile of books on the table. Regulus nodded to greet the girl and pulled out one of the many books he owned, ignoring the girls giggling and talking in hushed voices next to him. He gave an eyeroll and tuned out the sounds around him, focusing sorely on his book.

He was reading 'Carrie' by Stephen King. He quite enjoyed muggle books, he was only ever allowed to read them in school though. If his parents found out about the muggle books, Merlin he wouldn't see the light of day for a week. His cousin, Andromeda, always sends him new books when there's a special occasion - or sometimes if she just finds an interesting looking one and thinks that the younger boy will like it. He'd nearly finished this one, the next one that he was planning on reading was Pride and Prejudice - Andy sent that to him a few days ago. He would never admit it but he loves romance books, so the horror of Stephen King books was very different - but he was enjoying it so far.

"Oh god, over there." Lily pointed her head towards the group walking into the library, Potter, Lupin, his brother and a rather tall blonde girl, shortly followed by a dark skinned girl with short curly hair. "The rest of them are wonderful, but Potter and Black are just idiots." The red haired girl muttered and turned back to the Slytherins.

"Aw, I heard you and Potter broke up. Are you alright?" Pandora gave her friend a sympathetic look and a sad smile.

"Better than ever, I broke up with him."

Regulus kept his head down and tried to keep his mouth shut, he really did want to tell the girl that Snape had it coming - but then he realised that he'd be defending his brother and Potter. He'd rather drown himself in the black lake then side with those two lunatics, ah talking about lunatics.