Chapter four | Outcast

The peacekeepers escorted me out of the justice building and onto a train platform where camera's swarmed me. Finnick eventually comes out too, his smile never faltering but I could hear his shaky breathing as we boarded the train. As soon as we reached the living room I saw Ron, a victor of the 62nd Hunger Games, his ever present glare focused on me as if he could see into the depths of my soul. Yara was there too just looking at us two with a friendly smile plastered across her face. I wanted to slap that smile right off her face so hard the capitol would hear it. Ron gets straight to the point and says "Dinner is at six and after that we will discuss strategies on how to keep you two alive. Until then relax and don't kill yourselves" he said that as if he suspected one of us to try. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did.

"And don't be late!" Yara chimed in.

"Got it" I say, already out of the living room and walking down the hallway trailing right behind Finnick. He opens a door and disappears out of sight, leaving me to try and find my way around this stupid train.

"Hey! Wait up!" I say running to try and catch up. I walk through the door and crash straight into Finnick, resulting in both of us on the ground, our faces inches apart. I'm quite shocked by what just happened and end up staring straight into his sea green eyes. A smirk crosses his face "are you going to get off of me or continue staring at me creepily?" He says, my breathing hitching as his hot breath touches my neck. I blink and clear my throat, quickly scrambling to get off him. A deep crimson red appears on my face and I pray that Finnick doesn't notice it. I mumble a sorry as he gets up from the floor, ruffling his bronze hair back into place.

"What was it that you needed before you ran into me?" He asks, almost exhausted or annoyed like.

"I-I was uh...wondering where our- I mean my room is. You would know this train better than I do considering you board it every year" he simply nods and says "the girls tribute room is down this hall, fourth door to the left" I thank him and walk down the hallway finding the room easily. Upon entering I shut the door and lock it, sliding to the floor and crying my eyes out. I felt like throwing something but didn't have anything so I ended up slamming my fist on the purple carpet of the capitol train. I cry for a good 15 minutes and end up falling asleep on the hard ground. At around 5:50 I hear a faint knock on my door, and then a voice. "Wake up, Nyad, Yara doesn't take too kindly to being late." I could tell by the monotonic voice that it was Ron. A Moment later I hear more loud knocks on my door and to make him stop I say groggily "I'm coming, I'm coming." I pulled myself up from the floor and head to the bathroom where I look in the mirror to find a girl with a puffy face and frizzy hair. I never cry because when I do my face gets red and puffy. I sigh and wash my face off and comb my hair back to look at least presentable for dinner. More knocking is heard and I stomped to the door, thrusting it open and saying "Ron I already-" I woke up only to find it wasn't Ron but Finnick this time. "What do you want?" I say, rather harshly. Finnick looks hurt as I say this, which makes me regret it. "Finnick I-"

"No need to say sorry" He says, his smirk appearing again. Ugh, that little twat tricked me into thinking I hurt him.

"You coming?" He says as he walks down the hall, leaving me to stand there in confusion. I walked out of my room, sighed and said "What even was the point of that?". He shrugs and opens a door. It shuts behind him and he disappears out of sight. I walk into the dining room and find everyone there waiting for me, Yara, Ron, Finnick, Mags and Annie. I guess the other victors were co mentors, but Ron was the main. I take a seat at the table of Victors, already feeling like the outcast of the group. Dinner is served and I devour it. Which results in Finnick saying "Woah there partner, don't want to get sick from eating too fast." It makes me want to eat even more just to prove him wrong, but I decide against it. After eating, I feel like my stomach just got hit with a stack of bricks and quickly excuse myself from the table, heading Straight to the bathroom. As soon as I reach the toilet, my dinner comes up. I stay there for about 30 seconds and then hear a knock on the door "Sweetheart you good in there?" I hear Finnick say. "Don't-" is all I manage to get out before a second round comes. He opens the door and rushes to my side,  Rubbing my back gently. I start to clean up the area but Finnick says "I've got it from here. Why don't you go take a cold shower and go to bed, yeah?" I simply nod and head to my room, peeling off the dirty clothes I had on as soon as I reach the bathroom. The cold water felt good on my skin. It reminded me of the ocean when I used to fish in September. I step out of the shower and put on one of the silk gowns I had found in the drawers earlier. As soon as I crashed onto the bed, I fell asleep

Red Water | Finnick Odairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें