||chapter 19||

< OMNISCIENT...>

570 words-

Sayori is sitting in the waiting room, trying not to shake as she waits for any announcements on Damion. Suddenly, she feels a slight tap on her shoulder, causing her to jump up in surprise from the feeling of being touched.

"Hey Sayori, I haven't seen you in a while," Strawberry says as she wraps her feet around the chair legs.

"Girl you scared the shit out of me" Sayori laughs as she takes out her messy bun letting her Brazilian inches bounce as a nurse walks up to Sayori and strawberry

"It has been ascertained that the patient is in stable condition. However, additional recovery time is required, and as such, he will be retained for an additional night. You are welcome to pay him a visit should you desire" The nurse expressed her cordiality as she departed.

"Let's go check on him," Sayori suggests as she stretches and walks towards the elevator.

IN THE ELEVATOR

"Why did they put him on floor 10" Sayori cried out  as she pressed the button to go up to floor 10

"Right," Strawberry agrees as more people get on the elevator.

Ding... 

the elevator door opens...

"Finally," Sayori exclaimed as she walked towards the room where Damion was waiting.

"Damion?" Sayori exclaimed as she opened the door.

"Hey, Mama," Damion says as he sits up from the bed.

"Hey Damionn," Strawberry said as she went to hug him.

"Hey, best friend," Damion joked with Strawberry as Sayori went in for a hug and pecked his lips.

"Are you okay?" Sayori asked as she played with one of his loose dreads.

"I'm fine," Damion answered with a smile, causing Sayori to break into a smile as well.

"As Sayori lays on top of Damion, she asked, "Who do you think did this?" while rubbing his cheek gently.

"To be honest with you, I don't even know," Damion replied as he rubbed her back.

"Dayvon did it," Strawberry admits with a sigh as she looks down.

Strawberry was instructed not to say anything before meeting with Sayori and Damion. However, she ended up telling Sayori something despite feeling bad about it. Sayori was her best friend and she didn't want her to find out from someone else and cut her off. Therefore, she felt the need to tell her.

"Are you joking?" Sayori asked in disbelief as she gazed at strawberry.

"I'm not joking. He told me today after everything happened, but he warned me not to tell you. However, I couldn't keep this away from you," Strawberry sobbed. She felt terrible for not calling the police or doing anything to help.

"It's okay, at least you told me," Sayori reassured her as they all fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day...

As the wind screeches against the hospital window, Sayori wakes up and opens the blinds to let in the sunlight. This provides enough light for Sayori to draw until they wake up.

"Whatcha doing?" asks Damion, groggily, as he catches a glimpse of Sayori..

"Nothing just drawing," Sayori says as Damion sits up to see what Sayori is drawing to him it looks good and meaningful

"Where did you learn to draw like that?" Damion asked as he gently took the book away. 

"I took online art classes for 2 years," Sayori replied with a smile, knowing that Damien appreciated her art since Dayvon never showed any interest in her drawings.

"Only two years? It looks like more than two years," says Damion, surprised.

"Yes, it's only been two years. now Please quiet down before you wake up my best friend," Sayori giggles.

Interesting..