8~𝐶ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑 𝑉𝑠 𝐷𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛𝑠

⚠️Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢs: ᴄʜɪʟᴅ ᴀʙᴜsᴇ, ᴅᴏᴜᴍᴀ.

✶⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷✶

“So…you gonna jump or…?”

Y/n looked at the white ground again. Something about the way he asked the question made her feel it would be okay to actually jump.

Will Akaza-san be mad?’

“What? Too scared?” a grin now etched itself on his lips.

“I’m not scared.” She retorted. “I just…don’t know ”

Gyutaro gave the girl a side glance, silently judging her. He believed she wasn’t afraid. Afterall, she was still in this room with him even though he didn’t look human.

“Why are ya here then?”

The girl pursed her lips as the past events flooded her mind. “Mama and Papa are dead.” She continued to stare downwards, her heart still clenching from pain of her parents being taken away from her.
Her train of thoughts, however, was interrupted by the sound of someone snickering.  Her eyes glanced to the side with a frown, her eyes now displaying anger. “You’re laughing?”

He didn't bother looking at her, still looking outside as he brought a hand up to his lower face, barely containing his amusement from the girl’s misery. “Let's just say I've got a knack for when people eventually take a miserable turn in their pathetic lives”

He even directly insulted her, Y/n glared. "A knack for what?"

Gyutaro now turned his body to face her, his eyes now in crescents.
"For making them feel even more miserable." he continued to snicker.

Y/n, who had now turned her head to face him, gritted her teeth, her nose flared as she heaved, clenching her fists. She spun her head back to stare ahead. “I should’ve known you were as abnormal as you looked.”

"..."

Yeah…

She probably shouldn’t have said that.

The demon who was still staring into space slowly lowered his voice, his snickers dying down gradually until he was completely silent. The hand hovering over his face fell to his side. For some seconds, he stood there silently, a grin still etched on his face as if he was still relishing in her misery.

“…”

“…”

His smile fell. And his tiny green pupils glanced down at her. His eyes were now filled with something Y/n couldn’t describe.

“Hn?” he tilted his head. “Neh…smart mouth.” his voice laced with venom.

Before Y/n could react, she felt a sharp pain on her scalp and winced, shutting her eyes as the demon grabbed a fistful of her hair in his hand.

“The hell did ya’just say to me, huh?!” he gritted his teeth. His voice was unsettling, pure hatred dripping from it.

The small girl didn’t utter a word as she simply glared up at the demon. Even though her heart was beating so fast she thought it would explode, she didn’t show her vulnerability.

The grip on her hair tightened.
“Little shits like you who don't know anything about this darn world shouldn't go running their mouths. Couldn’t even save your own damn parents."
The way his attitude change drastically made Y/n think this guy was possessed.

"You useless, pathetic, clueless piece of miserable trash.” with each word, he dangled her back and forward.
“And you’re calling me abnormal hn? Me!” he brought his other hand up to his face, clawing from his cheek, neck and down to his chest.