02.

Y/N'S POV:

As I stroll around, taking a necklace every now and then, I come across the familiar hospital.

Dodge's hospital.

And of course, I decide to go in.

As I walked through the building, my eyes dart around, searching for valuables. Many nurses rush around, tending to patients. In all the commotion, a certain room catches my eye. An office, thats bound to have something in it, right?

Sitting in another room there's Jack, being professional and acting like he's writing something. And I know he's faking 'cause he can't read.

His head tilts upwards, meeting my puzzled eyes. I just shoot him a glare and keep walking, going to the first room I had spotted.

I scavenge through the drawers and look under papers, in the empty room.

I glance around, making sure no one can see me. This room was a large, tidy space filled with books, papers and medical supplies. As I rummage through the drawers, the door clicks shut behind me.

Immediately, I gasp and fix my posture, acting formal. Only for the disappointment of seeing Jack.

Jack's eyes lay on me, and he's clearly annoyed. "Did you really think you could rob us?" he asks in a low, sarcastic tone.

"I'm inspecting." I say, as if it were obvious. I brush it off and act like I'm still looking around professionally.

"Oh, I'm sure you are." Jack replies, sarcastically. "I bet you're looking for something to steal. Well, if that's the case, you're in a little bit of a pickle."

"I've got eyes and ears everywhere. If you try anything, I'll know right away. You'll end up back on the streets with nothing while I'll continue being the richest and greatest surgeon in the colony."

I scoff, impatiently at him, I roll my eyes, "And yet, I can take all your glory away in a few hours. Jack we grew up together, I know everything about you. If you keep on being a complete bastard I'd rat you out."

The man looked at me, sternly, "You're right. We did grow up together. That's why I know exactly your weakness. I know you're a coward. You're afraid of being imprisoned again, so you're not stupid enough to rat me out." Jack leans in close to you and you can see his eyes flickering with rage.

"Do we understand each other?" he asks, leaning over me.

"No, it seems." I smile, looking him up and down. "Dust on your shoulder, how unprofessional." I frown playfully, walking past him.

It's almost like I see his genuine anger be replaced by a feigned annoyance.

JACKS POV:

The corner of my lips curl into a slight smile. I'm impressed that she actually just had the audacity to brush me off, but I'm curious.

"Wait a second. Y/n?" I call out, she turns to me.

"Doc?" She grins. I chuckle. No matter how angry I am, I couldn't help myself from admiring her attitude.

"What exactly are you doing? What's your game now?" I ask, the playfulness leaving the room now. She shrugs.

"No idea."

I roll my eyes mockingly, but also can't help but look amused. "Of course, that's the Y/n I remember."

It seems something strikes her mind at that moment. She looks at me, deep in thought, the amusement drains out of her face whilst she continues to walk away. "Well, you're not the Jack I remember."

Her words sting me mercilessly. My expression changes quickly. "And what's that supposed to mean?" I ask, walking by her side now.

"Dodge would know."

VOTE SSSSSHHHNOOKUMS

i have so much homework to do but i physically can't bring myself to do it

this bitch is so bipolar