Dying Alone | Chapter 2

"It's nice meeting you too, Skeppy."

The raven boy was not expecting that from Darryl. Why, why so kind to someone he just met? Zak sometimes never understand people. But, he couldn't help but feel flustered at the sweet gesture the other male had did. For Zak; someone is actually caring about him.

Darryl stood up straight and chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "sorry, i always go overboard with my meetings." Darryl apologized, leaving Zak sour. "no, it's fine." Zak quickly protests. Darryl lets out a breath of relief. "alright. Well, i just wanted to greet myself to you as a new neighbor. I hope we get along just fine, if you need anything just please knock." Darryl says one more time before leaving, making sure to wave at Zak as he leaves to go back to his room.

Zak's eyes are on Darryl the whole time. 'he seems sweet.' Zak thought before fully going back to his room. He closed the door, the door making a click sound as it did. Zak kept thinking about Darryl, in a good way. Because he never had someone in his life so nice like that. It made him feel.. giddy. 

Zak flopped himself onto his mattress, his stomach slightly bouncing up and down before his full body could relax on the mattress. But right after, he got up. He forget his phone which is in his bags. He found himself sigh as he grab the strap of his black, fabric backpack and dragging it back to his empty room. When the bag was thrown onto the mattress, Zak sat right next to it and started to dig into it for his phone and other things for entertainment. 

While digging in his backpack, Zak managed to find his phone but also his old notebook 12 year old him wrote and drew in. Zak found himself cringing at the first page, so he just closed it back up. He set the book besides his bag which was on the floor besides the mattress with a laying Zak on his phone. 

Life is so boring. He has no friends, no healthy family to call, and no job to work at. So when Zak got onto his phone, he had nothing to do besides scroll on Tiktok and Youtube. so, Zak just accept that he'll die alone and went on Youtube to watch his comfort videos that his little self would watch. It always gave him a wave of memories whenever he would see the thumbnails. Though it would just be a picture during the video, he still loved it; It made him feel like a kid again.

But, one thing still lingers in Zak's mind, it wasn't the lack of entertainment. It was being alone. He had a fear, and it was being alone. Dying alone is something that Zak has nightmares about. Will he die alone? will no one care for him? Zak found himself shake at the thought.

In the room besides Zak, Darryl was cooking in his kitchen while also being on a call with a friend; George. "i don't know, i might sit this one out." Darryl said, mixing the bowl that contained cookie doe.

"come on, dude. we won't make a mess this time!" George plead through the phone, finding himself sitting in front of his monitor. Darryl scowled. "a mess or not, i'm not going. I.. want to make something for someone." Darryl confessed, finding his cheeks flush red a bit as he set the bowl down and kneeling down to grab a metal tray and set it down on the counter besides the stove.

"wait what?" George bluntly said out of shocked. When the fuck did Darryl have a partner? "YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?" George randomly blurted out, it's yelling somehow finding it's way to Zak's ears, making the boy flinch. 'what the fuck?' Zak turned his head towards the wall his back was facing to hear what's going on.

"keep it down!" Darryl scolded George, his face red from embarrassment from his friend's loud embarrassing words. "i don't have a boyfriend! it's just a new neighbor moved in and i want to greet him. he just seems so sad, i guess." Darryl explained softly with a small frown as he made cookie shapes with the doe and placed them on the tray.

To lift up his friend's spirit about his new neighbor, George replied, giggling a bit as he did. "that's another way of saying your gay." Which caused Darryl to yell at him for 5 whole minutes with George laughing a lot as he did. After the 5 minutes went off, Darryl just scoffed, not doing anything to deny the comment of his friend. 

Darryl put the tray of shaped cookies into the oven and now letting it heat up. While talking to George, he didn't know that Zak was listening the whole time.. and the whole time, he felt.. flustered.

flustered that someone is actually caring for him. Zak found himself looking down at his phone that was in his hands. He then smiled softly. His spark coming back like the spark of a lighter.

'maybe i won't have to worry about dying alone.'

(IM SORRY THAT THE CHAPTER IS ONLY 800 WORDS- i'll do better next chapter, don't worry 🙏 anyways, see you next time!)