Threat to Rudra's life

Start from the beginning

Alright then, it's settled. Shourya, go speak with Mata Arundhati and Simha, put a group together to work on this. And go on an inspection of the kingdom for suitable areas. Bapusa ordered. We nodded.

There is one more thing, Simha, Bhaisa eyed me apprehensively. What's the matter, Bhaisa? I asked him slightly touching his elbow.... worried. Both of them looked at each other. I was getting anxious. 

It's about Dravid-desh Simha. Bhaisa said seriously. What about it? I frowned.

We had informants inform us. Your victory over the king there hasn't fit well with the nobles there. The king there is being brainwashed against us, particularly you. Their egos have been hurt, for being defeated by a woman. Our sources say they are plotting something....something big. We need to stay alert, Simha. You particularly, please be careful. Bhaisa looked extremely worried.

Before I could reply, Bhadra arrived to where we were sitting. He bowed down to Bapusa and Bhaisa. I looked at him and said, Where were you, Bhadra?

I had some work to do, Simha. I'll tell you later, he muttered.

Come.....come....Bhadra. Have a seat...Bhadra sat, We were just telling Simha about the rumors of Dravid-desh. He nodded seriously. You knew about this? I asked him shocked. I was about to reprimand him for not telling me sooner when Bapusa interrupted. It's alright Simha, I told him yesterday night about it, he decided we were better off telling you today, Bhaisa laid a gentle palm on my hand. I settled back a bit and turned my attention to Bapusa.

Bapusa, I had made sure the kings and nobles there were clear on the terms and conditions of the deal. They have their kingdoms, but the army and all the official decisions will be taken by us after looking into matters. We will give them diplomatic freedom as long as it aligns with our values and interests. Armies must come under the direct command of Simhakshetra but will have freedom on internal matters. What is the problem then? I asked him confused.

You are right Simha, and the king there obliged too, but some of the ministers and nobles there are manipulating the king, shaming him for kneeling down to a woman. So it has come to his ego, and while the large population is relieved due to our intervention in their affairs, nobles, ministers are unhappy, and they are rumored to having started a rebellion. And they have a particular hate towards you, and we suspect there might be a plot being planned against you. This hasn't been confirmed yet, but our informants there have given us these initial reports. So you need to be really careful Simha, they seem to be getting anxious and are reportedly ready to do anything to get rid of you or at the least...harm you. Bapusa said concerned.  

Do not worry Bapusa, I'll be careful. And coming to the plot against me, with yours and maasa's aashirwaad no one can harm me....and I have Bhadra.....I patted his shoulder. Tell me who can get through this bahubali before getting to me? I laughed. And don't worry, I will mobilise my spy network and get the information, I'll be ready when they do strike, Bapusa, I reassured him.

I have no doubt Simha, he smiled a little. Can I ask you something, Bapusa, Bhaisa...a favour? Both of them looked at me in confusion.

Please keep this between the four of us. Do not even tell masa. They began protesting but I pleaded with them. Please.....it's Bhaisa's wedding, she has so much on her plate as it is. It's a really happy occasion for all of us. I do not want her worrying unnecessarily. Anyone...for that matter. Promise me you will keep it between us, I beseeched with them.

They sighed...defeated and nodded. And Bhaisa, it's your wedding preparations, enjoy this time, mera kya hai.....As long as you are there, kisi ki itni himmat jo humein haani phochaiye, I joked with him flinging my arm across his shoulder. He looked at me and broke into a smile...shaking his head....You're impossible Simha..... I laughed heartily at him. Bapusa stood up patted us both on the cheeks and left. Bhaisa went with him. I turned to Bhadra and the both of us started strolling on the grounds towards the stables. Now tell me Bhadra, where were you....what took you so long?

I was talking......he trailed off....to? I prompted. Rajkumari Saudamini, he sighed finally.

Rajkumari? why? I asked him furrowing my brows. She was being bombarded with questions on where she was after coming from the practice grounds....that too with the laep. I lied that I had requested her and she had prepared it for me. he answered apprehensively. Why lie? I questioned him.

Because I know you Simha, and I know it would be over-whelming for you and the Rajkumari if everyone found out that she had prepared it for you.....voluntarily...he added gently. Teasing apart Simha....I know it will be too much for the both of you. The feelings she is experiencing at the moment are new to her and too much prodding might just overwhelm her....and you Simha.....It's after a long time that I saw your face light up ibecause of her. I feel you are finally letting go of the past....He added hesitantly.

I did not say anything, just kept walking....with an inner turmoil. What if I hurt her because of my past....will she accept it....am I ready for all those things....

I know what you are thinking Simha, but trust me, you are ready to move on and she won't judge you for that, He gently held my shoulder. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him, How do you know that? What if she doesn't accept me for that, I felt a pain in my heart...Pain I had buried so long ago.....

Because I told her.....He said...practically scared. I looked at him....with wide eyes....Whyy!! Bhadraa!!! I felt my anger bubbling up. I started walking briskly while he jogged and caught up to me....Simhaaaa.....waitt!!! He held me back by my elbow. I inhaled deeply, controlling my anger and looked at him.

She wanted to know why I lied Simha, I gave the same reasons...she pressed on why I was protecting you...and she deserved to know the truth....He said trying to calm me. But......Bha.....I protested. It didn't feel like she had an ounce of doubt. Simha....she...the feeling of excitement...those butterflies...everything....it's new to her...but I think my guess is correct here when I say she doesn't back out from any of those feelings, right? he smiled a little. I looked at him and I had flashes of the moment we had earlier....I didn't know how to respond, maybe he was right...she didn't run away from me to begin with...maybe that was good.

I know it's hard for you Simha...but I think you should open up your heart....give it another chance.....the past is past...do not let it influence your future negatively. I believe she is the one who will help you out of your doubts and insecurities...And in turn...you teach her about love....she is new to these feelings Simha...treat her carefully....delicately...., he advised. His words were encouraging....he was right. She was delicate...innocent....I cannot let my past come in the way of her happiness. I nodded wordlessly, my anger disappearing. I gave him a weak smile and nodded. 

But what if she is with me out of sympathy, I do not want anyone's sympathy, Bhadra...even her's, I told him proudly...with a tinge of sadness in my voice.

She won't Simha....I know the look on her face. She admires you....maybe has a crush on you for sure...but she never did anything out of sympathy or any obligation, will never do, I saw it in her eyes.....Her eyes shine at your mention Simha....she blushes everytime at your mention....believe me Simha....he held my shoulders. I sighed and nodded. I felt I could believe him, trust him. I smiled

And next time.....maybe....lock the doors before doing anything, he teased.

You knock or announce before entering, you idiot, I punched him in the shoulder, laughing.

I mean it Simha, think about it, give whatever is between the two of you a chance...he said.

I will....when I am ready Bhadra....I need to clear my head...organise my thoughts. he nodded, understanding me. We made our way to our stables. Devdatta, my pristine white horse, neighed at me happily. I freed his reins.....and alighted him, Bhadra on the horse next to me....

Come on boy....show me your speed....run like the wind...I muttered in his ear and patted. His powerful legs started running and I could feel the wind in my hair and I felt my mind at ease...thoughts assimilating...everything blank....except...one thing.....Saudamini.