The Talk Under the Moon

Rudra POV:

Rudra POV:

I stood at the balcony with hands at the back, lightly joined with each other. The cool night air was pleasant. Teasing my hair lightly as I took in the view. This was the area almost exactly behind the main entrance of the palace. It was secluded...it gave me a sense of peace. But there was a pull in my heart. I couldn't take out the fact that I caused her pain from my mind. Every time I think of the red prints on her waist, I winced internally...the sense of peace would vanish...replaced by an unexplainable pain my heart...I fisted one of my hands behind my back...reprimanding myself. I could distinctly hear the chatter of the people gathered for the royal dinner in the maha-aangan...some laughing...some talking seriously...sharing anectodes...Then...all my senses concentrated to the one soft source of sound... one single sound...which was melody to my ears....The soft sound of her jhanjhar echoing in the long empty balcony....I inhaled deeply...letting the soft sound wash over my pain...calming me.

Aapne bulaya, Kunwarisa? she asked me softly. Her voice felt like honey to my ears. I slowly loosened the tightly fisted hand...inhaled deeply. Her scent of jasmine, combined with sandalwood was intoxicating. I slowly turned to face her. She looked......exquisite

exquisite

The moonlight accentuated all the features on her face prominently. I turned to face her and some of the shadow of my form was cast on her. Other half of her features looked beautiful with the moonlight glow on her face. My mind seemed to go blank and I just stared at her. At that moment, the sudden swish of the cold breeze made a couple of strands of hair dance on her face....increasing her beauty many folds. I just gave her a weak smile, her presence was enough to bring a smile on my face. Her shy innocent demeanour was magnetic. I jolted back to reality...taking a break from admiring her beauty....Man I gotta stop making it so obvious...

Ji, Rajkumari-ji. I hope it wasn't too much trouble for you...that I asked you to meet me here? I asked her

No...not at all Kunwarisa...please do not think so...she smiled softly, Moreover...since the evening began, this is the first time the two of us are having a conversation....she added with a shy smile....Just the two of us.