41: When you make a new friend

A lil short

Y/n's pov:

As I waited at a bistro for my plus one to come, I was nervous about meeting my friend. I may have some misunderstandings about this person at first but after talking to her the first time, I felt that we could start again and get to know each other. Soon, I caught sight of a brunette with blonde highlights as I waved to her.

"Hi, sorry I'm late. I had to finish some school work before coming here." Vicky apologized as she sat opposite me.

"No worries, I just sat down too. There's a lot of people outside waiting for a table but thankfully I made a reservation." I smiled. We ordered our drinks, mains and some side snacks to share.

"How is it like working at the café?" I asked.

"It's been alright so far. I have to wash dishes during the first week and got injured on my first day. But now I'm making drinks, serving customers and taking orders." Vicky replied.

"You injured yourself on your first day? How?" I asked.

"Butter fingers. I accidentally dropped a plate while washing and picked up the ceramic pieces with my bare hands." Vicky replied, showing me the faint scars on her palm.

"Gee, that sounds bad. But I'm glad your wounds are healed." I commented. "By the way, I heard from my younger brother you study at Arcadia Oaks High too. Do you maybe know someone called Jim?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm in his class too. Wait, you're his sister?" Vicky asked as I nodded. She gasped as she told me, "I joined Jim's class along with Aja and Krel and he gave the three of us a tour of the school."

"Wow, he never told me about giving you a tour of the school." I commented. Our food came shortly as we continued getting to know each other while enjoying our food.

"By the way since you love dancing, I was wondering if you would want to sign up for this dance festival happening in September for charity." Vicky offered. Dancing for charity, that sounds new, but I was interested in the programme.

"That sounds interesting. Is there any requirements for this fundraiser? Like is there a specific genre people have to perform?" I asked.

"Nope, you can dance to any genre. My friends told me about this fundraiser and I decided to ask if you're interested in doing a collab?" Vicky replied.

"Oh, you dance too?" I asked as she nodded.

"K-pop, ballet and rhythmic gymnastics." Vicky replied. Woah, she must be really flexible. She does ballet and rhythmic gymnastics while I only did K-pop all my life. I did learn ballet when I was 5 but stopped because it didn't really interest me as I grew older.

"Woah, that is impressive. I think we can make our collab work." I stuck out my hand as we shook hands with each other.

"We'll decide on the song on a later date. Let's leave that aside for now, what are you currently studying?" Vicky asked.

"I'm studying medicine, pharmaceutical medicine specifically. My mom is a doctor at the local hospital here and I'm following in her footsteps to study medicine." I replied.

"That sounds interesting. A lot of people think I should get into the acting industry. They claim I have a face of a model and act really well due to me skipping gym almost every week." Vicky explained as I chuckled. I would never skip gym class back in high school because Coach Lawrence wasn't the type to believe in lies but somehow, he fell for Vicky's lies.

"No way, how did Coach Lawrence not believe you? I tried lying my way out of gym class because of a bad headache and all he told me was 'Lake, 50 jumping jacks!'." I gasped. "But I have to say, the media and acting industry is an interesting field so my advice is that you do whatever you're interested in." I continued.

"Thanks, big sis. You don't mind calling you 'big sis', right? Reminds me of my older sister who is studying abroad in Australia." Vicky explained.

"Oh, I didn't know you have an older sister. How old is she?" I asked.

"She's 5 years older than me, she's going to be 21 soon and is studying law." Vicky replied. That also means that she's 3 years older than me. Even though me and Vicky's age difference isn't big, I could sense that she sees me like her older sister. As we were finishing up our meals, I insisted on paying since she is 2 years younger than me.

"Thanks for paying, though I should have since I asked you out." Vicky thanked.

"No problem, I am 2 years older than you so I should pay instead." I smiled. "Are you planning to go anywhere now? I could give you a ride." I insisted.

"You can drive?" Vicky asked as I nodded. "I have no where to go so maybe you could take me home." She told me.

"Alright, follow me." I gestured, leading Vicky to my car. Vicky put in her home address on the GPS as I followed it to her house.