20: When you fall asleep

Y/n's pov:

While I continued watching the movie, I felt my eyelids getting heavy. Ugh, stupid all-nighter I pulled just to study for a quiz that was only reminded in the evening the previous day. I also couldn't shove the quiz aside and not study for it because I'd probably fail if I don't and I've been dropping slightly lately. While continuing to watch the movie, my eyelids got even heavier as I blinked a few times to try and keep awake. However, my eyelids gave way and I ended up falling asleep.

Douxie's pov:

That feeling of being fresh and new after taking a bath is the best feeling ever. As I walked out of my room, I noticed the movie still playing and y/n asleep on the couch. She looked alright when she came in hours ago and it is still early for bed time.

'Strange, it's only 9pm right now.' I thought. I placed my dirty clothes on the couch as I tried to wake y/n up.

"Y/n. Y/n." I gently shook y/n but she was knocked out cold.

"Okay, what should I do, what should I do?" I muttered, pacing around the living room. Well, if y/n isn't going to wake up, I'm gonna have to make her a home here.

"What happened to her?" Archie asked.

"She's asleep." I replied. I quickly took out my dirty clothes before thinking of what to do next.

"I can't let her sleep here, and there is no way the both of us are sleeping on my bed together." I muttered, even though I really want her to but we're only friends. Groaning, I tried to think of something quick. An idea soon hit me as I ran to my bedroom to uncover the quilt on my bed before running out and preparing to do something I have never done before.

"Okay Hisirdoux, you can do this." I muttered. First, I positioned y/n slowly and gently so that she is lying flat on the couch. I noticed her hair was still in a ponytail from earlier as I took out her hair tie and slipped it on my wrist. Then, I slid my hands under y/n and lifted her off the couch before carrying her to my room. I gently laid y/n on the side I always slept on and tucked her in.

"Oh y/n, if only you knew how much I really like you." I muttered, tucking a piece of hair behind y/n's ear as she turned her back towards me. Did she actually hear me? I did want to share a bed with y/n and sleep with her but she'll probably wake up the next day feeling awkward. In the end, I took the other pillow on my bed and slept on the couch instead since I've slept on the couch several times.

"I'm glad that you didn't just leave y/n to sleep on the couch." Archie told me.

"Come on Arch, you know I like her a lot but I don't know if she feels the same for me." I sighed, laying on the couch facing the ceiling. "Maybe she does, the gestures she does kind off show but I'm still not sure." I continued, recalling the small things she did, pecking my cheek, looping her arm around mine.

"Shall we leave this matter aside for now so you can get some rest." Archie insisted.

"Fine, since I am visiting the children's hospital tomorrow to read them another story." I said, slowly falling asleep.

The next day...

Y/n's pov:

My annoying alarm went off as I struggled to find my phone to turn off my alarm. When I finally did, I slowly sat up but realized I wasn't in the living room anymore but in a bed, bigger than mine at home. Wait a minute, am I in...

"Oh shoot." I muttered, looking at the many miscalls from my mother and brother. I quickly called back both of them, reassuring them that I'm alright and that I slept over at a friend's house after pulling an all-nighter.

"Aw honey, don't put so much pressure on yourself. You know pulling an all-nighter is not healthy for you." Mom told me over the phone.

"I know, I'm sorry mom, I'm on my way back right now." I said.

"Apology accepted, should I ask Jim to cook breakfast for you?" Mom asked.

"It's alright, I'll have breakfast with my friend before going off. Won't take too long." I replied. "Love you mom." I continued.

"Love you my dear, see you tonight." Mom said.

"See you mom." I said as I was about to hang up when mom stopped me.

"Wait. Could you swing by the children's hospital later to visit Cassandra? She broke her leg a few days ago." Mom told me. No, not Cassandra, she's only 9.

"What? How did she- never mind, I'll ask her myself later. See you later." I said before hanging up. As I looked around the place, it looked like I was in Douxie's bedroom. Boy, he sure has a huge bedroom and a huge bed for just himself. I then got out of bed and made Douxie's bed for him. But wait, if I slept in his bed then where did he sleep at? He never told me about him having a second bedroom or anything. Before leaving, I went into Douxie's bathroom to brush my hair out nicely with my fingers.

As I exited Douxie's room, I noticed Douxie sleeping on the couch. That could have been me, but he instead made me sleep in his bed and he slept on the couch instead. Archie meowed as he walked up to me and rubbed himself against my legs. I bent down to pet him before looking around the house for a blanket. As I entered a room, there was a bed in it. So, he did have another bedroom but didn't want to sleep in it. After searching every corner of the room, I managed to find a blanket in a cupboard and draped it over Douxie who was still asleep. I noticed my hair tie on his wrist as I contemplated on whether I should take it or not. Seeing how sound asleep he was, I decided not to take it off his wrist.

"Okay Archie, what does Douxie feed you in the morning? Salmon? Since you're not a cat kibble kind off cat." I asked. Archie seemed to understand me as he nodded.

"Alright, salmon it is." I said, searching the freezer for more salmon to use as I prepared Archie's breakfast.

"Here you go. Now it is my turn to eat." I said, placing a plate before making breakfast for myself and Douxie.

Douxie's pov:

The smell of eggs wafted through the air. Woah, who is cooking right now. It smells amazing As I slowly sat up, I rubbed my eyes to see y/n cooking something. Right, I forgot she slept here last night. I felt a blanket over me as I immediately thought, 'Did y/n do this?'

"Hey you, I decided to make breakfast for the both of us before leaving." Y/n placed two plates on the counter top. I got up from the couch and went to the bathroom in my room to brush my teeth before having breakfast.

"Don't mind me, I used an avocado for my avocado toast." Y/n told me.

"That sounds and looks disgusting." I commented, seeing the green thing on her toast.

"It's not as disgusting as it sounds." Y/n held out the toast in front of my face as I jerked back.

"I'll pass, thank you." I politely declined as I took a bite of the omelette she made. Okay, this beats the omelette I always make. My eyes lit up again as y/n chuckled.

"My brother taught me this one. It's a secret recipe so I can't share it with anyone." Y/n explained.

"Would I be an exception since I'm you and your brother's friend?" I asked.

"Nope. Gotta go now. See ya." Y/n replied, leaving already.

"Wait, you forgot your- never mind." I wanted to return her hair tie but I guess she was in a rush.