37: When you get jealous

Mulai dari awal

"Ah, y/n. Our usual customer, your usual red velvet cake I assume?" One of Douxie's colleagues Matteo asked. Douxie stood up with the brunette as they both turned to me.

"Hey babe, I didn't know you were stopping by to get something." Douxie started. I glanced at the brunette with blonde highlights and I have to say, she looked even prettier than me.

"Well, I wanted to but I lost my appetite." I replied harshly before leaving. I couldn't believe this guy. I thought he was loyal, I did a lot of things for him and this was what I got in return?

"Y/n! Wait, I can explain!" I heard Douxie calling after me but I just continued running all the way back to the college. I felt my sweat dripping down the side of my face and my tears spilling out of my eyes. I ran through the halls of the college, avoiding everyone who called me and ran straight to my dorm.

"Girl, what happened?" Lena, my roommate asked.

"I heard someone's cries, what happened?" Irene and Jermaine barged into the room Lena and I shared.

"I can't believe him." I spoke as my roommates sat around my bed while I started to explain what happened.

"There must be some misunderstanding, you probably didn't see what you saw." Lena spoke.

"Yeah, who knows, she's probably a worker there." Irene added.

"We've seen you hang out with him a few times and I know he isn't a cheater, he's a keeper." Jermaine added. Maybe the girls were right, maybe she works there or something but I wasn't sure. Throughout the rest of the day, I checked my social media every few minutes to see if Douxie posted anything about that brunette on his story or as a post.

"Time for a quick recap of what you learnt from high school. Ms Lake, what are the four chambers of the human heart?" The lecturer shot a question at me. Easy, biology was my favorite subject and I topped the cohort 2 years ago.

"Left atrium, left ventricle, right atrium, right ventricle." I answered without hesitation. The lecturer nodded and spoke, "Correct. For someone who has been looking down at their mobile phone the whole time." Just looking out for my boyfriend. 

~

Once school was over, I booked a Grab ride and went home. Douxie tried to call me a few times in class earlier and sent me many messages throughout the day after I abruptly left the café in the afternoon. I didn't text him back or call him back despite his constant spamming as I put my phone on 'do not disturb'. As I reached home, I went up to my room and lazed on my bed.

"Hey, why aren't you answering Douxie? He called you and texted you many times today. Did something happen between you two?" Jim knocked on my door. I sat up and groaned, "Please, not a word about him."

"What happened? You two seemed to get along all the time." Jim asked. I sighed and replied, "Fine, I'll tell you what's going on. I wanted to get my usual red velvet cake from the café and I saw Douxie laughing with this brunette with blonde highlights like they were going out or something."

"Come on, I don't think Douxie is that kind of person to go out with someone else. Sure, I didn't trust him at first because Claire looked interested in him but he loves you and would never leave you for someone else." Jim stated.

"I don't know but she was really pretty, even prettier than me. Maybe I should get my hair done too and buy more makeup supplies." I said.

"No, no sis, you're perfect just the way you are. Maybe you should talk to him." Jim encouraged. I looked up and softly smiled at him, saying, "Thanks bro, you always knew how to make me feel better."

"Y/n, I think Douxie is at the door." Mom called from downstairs. Oh no, I'm not ready to face him yet, especially after he hung out with the brunette.

"Tell mom that I'm not home, I went out with some friends for dinner." I told Jim. He nodded and went down to break the fake news to Douxie while I stayed outside my room to hear the conversation.

"Good evening, Lakes, I was wondering if y/n is around? I have to talk to her." Douxie asked politely.

"She's unfortunately not home right now, she's having dinner with her friends." I heard Jim break the fake news.

"Jim, what are you-"

"Just play along mom." I saw Jim nudge mom.

"Yes, she told me she went to have dinner with friends. Sorry Douxie." Mom apologized.

"Oh, I see. Maybe I'll come back another time." Douxie said as he left the house.

"Phew, that was a close call." I sighed.

"Y/n, honey, what's going on with you and Douxie? Don't you guys get along all the time?" Mom came up the stairs, questioning me the same question. Great.

"Mom, I really don't want to talk about." I replied. "Ask Jim to explain everything." I continued, closing the door and lying on my bed. I figured that I would give Douxie the silent treatment for the time being and not visit him at the café, bistro and bookstore.