"Hey, I found it!" Finn's shout echoed across the stream, drawing us all to gather around as he held the waterlogged radio up. As I made my way out of the river, Bellamy extended a hand to help me out, but I brushed past him without a second glance. 

"Can you fix it?" I asked walking up to Raven as she shook the radio that had water pouring out of it, feeling a strong sense of impatience and frustration.

"Maybe, it'll take at least half a day to dry out the component system and check if it's broken." Raven sighed while looking over the device. 

"Like I said, it's too late." Bellamy chimed in pessimistically as I rolled my eyes at his comment. 

"Helpful as always." I muttered under my breath, unable to resist the urge to voice my frustration for him.

"Do you have any idea what you did? Do you even care?" Clarke shouted as she stormed over to Bellamy angrily. Bellamy met Clarke's accusations with a blank, unreadable expression, his silence speaking volumes. "Three hundred people are going to die today! Because of you!"

"Hold up, we don't have to talk to the Arc. We just have to let them know we're down here right?" Raven interrupted with eyes full of hope. 

"Yeah, but how do we do that without the radio?" Finn chimed in as a smirk grew over Raven's face as she formulated a plan, igniting me with a sense of hope.

"Let's light this bitch up."

BELLAMYS POV

Raven had come up with a plan to fire flares into the sky using rocket fuel from the pod to let the Arc know we survived. Once I heard the plan I felt immediate relief over the slim chance that all those people might not die with the blood on my hands. 

Everyone was hard at work to make the flares which distracted them from the harsh reality. Hundreds of people would die if we didn't succeed. And it would be entirely my fault...

By the time night had fallen the camp gathered to watch the flares launch. I stood towards the back of the crowd anxiously awaiting the flares. A fog of guilt haunted me as I mentally prayed for the flares to work.

I watched as the sky instantly lit up with bright red bursts of fireworks into the sky. After living in the sky none of us had seen anything like it before. However, I was distracted from the display when my eyes found themselves drawn to Lucinda as she watched the sky in awe. Her eyes held a sense of hope that captivated me more than the display above.

The flares illuminated her features in a soft glow as she stood mesmerised by the sight above

The flares illuminated her features in a soft glow as she stood mesmerised by the sight above. She parted her lips while she looked up at the sky with a glimmer of hope filling her eyes. I don't know what came over me but I couldn't tear my eyes away from her. 

"You think they can see it from up there?" I spoke up, breaking Lucinda from her trance as she noticed me walk up beside her. Her expression immediately fell once she noticed me and I immediately regretted interrupting her. 

"For your own sanity, they better work." Lucinda replied bluntly as I felt her words pierce through me like daggers. I turned away, unable to meet her gaze as the weight of her words settled heavily on my shoulders. The worst bit was I deserved every bit of the coldness she was showing me. A sigh of regret broke the silence as I turned back to face Lucinda, her expression had softened with a hint of remorse. 

"Can you wish on this kind of shooting star?" Lucinda asked, catching me off guard as we stood side by side, watching the flares streak across the night sky. I considered her question for a moment, the flickering light of the flares casting shadows across her face.

"No harm in trying, I guess." I replied with a shrug, a faint smile tugging at the corners of my lips as I noticed her nod slightly in my peripheral vision.

Turning her gaze back to the sky, I couldn't help but wonder what she could be wishing for right now. I wondered what her life on the Arc was like, what had made her so strong and confident. I wondered why she was so determined to lead this camp when most people would shy away from the power and responsibility it held. 

As these questions consumed my thoughts, I felt a growing need to unravel the mysteries that shadowed Lucinda's past and present. When the final flares continued to paint the night sky I made my wish. I wanted to know her. I needed to know her...