𝐢. 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐃𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄. At the sweet age of 15, she'd gotten so mad she went up to her room and her body burst into flames. Literally. She didn't know that she could do that, she only occasionally acquired fire-balls in her palms, or creating a tiny force field in the air.  She quickly learned that she would have to be calm at all costs, she couldn't show that she was an even bigger freak.

The second time she was that angry was at school. She'd gotten into an argument with a classmate, who said that girls shouldn't be able to make money or do anything boys could do besides cook and clean. She quickly told him off when he said that and he quickly argued that she had no place to talk without being spoken to. The last thing she remembered was running out of the classroom and into the bathroom, quickly locking the door as she felt her body heating.

Of course, she lit on fire again, littering scorch marks along the walls from the blazing heat. It hurt this time. It really hurt. She assumed that it was because she was already bruised in some places, due to her parents beating her the night before. After it was over, she hissed in pain, walking over to the mirror and pulling her blouse up.

Her bruises were gone. They were fully gone, only leaving soreness in the spot. Not only could her fire protect her, as far as she knew, it healed her. She went home that day with five books, somehow relating to people with fire powers, or just the science of fire. Her parents were happy she stayed in her room all day not making a sound. She liked to play her piano that she bought with her own money, or her trumpet from school.

She learned many things about fire that night, reading all five of them in one sitting. She practiced many things in her room and in the forest. She didn't know why, but she felt like something was compelling her to. Using her powers did make her quite tired, and she found that out the hard way. Multiple times she had passed out from overexerting herself, working her body too much or not having proper hydration and eating habits.

Her powers became stronger in just three months, all of her hard work was put to good use. She could now use her powers for a decent amount of time without breaking a sweat! She was very proud of herself, this being the first time she did anything for her. Having access to the woods of her backyard made everything easier. She could practice whenever she wanted!

Until her parents announced they were moving. She was upset, she had just gotten comfortable in her own home but now she had to leave. She tried to argue but she just got shut down, getting told it would get better work opportunities for her father. So, they moved. To Finchley. What an awful place to move to, not even a year later the war came. It was almost as if it was a warning that something big was coming, not for England but for Victoria. Luckily, that night the planes were soaring through the air and bombs were getting dropped, she'd been at her neighbors house.

She loved the Pevensies. They were like her true family. She had personal things with all of them, which was really nice. She always played games or her piano or trumpet with Lucy, she played chess with Edmund, she and Susan read book and did homework together, but Peter, her and Peter did everything together. There was clearly something going on that neither of the teenagers wanted to admit. They were like two puzzle pieces that fit perfectly together, clashing with any other that tried to match with them.

Peter was always there for Victoria, seeing as they always found themselves sharing a bed, cuddled up together if the other had nightmares or simply wanted to be held. They knew it wasn't something normal friends did but they didn't care, they just wanted to be with each other.

She was really happy with the Pevensies, they brought out her true self, making her smile for the first time in months. She adored Mrs. Pevensie, her being the mother figure in her life. It was nice getting her signature warm, motherly hug every time she came over, which was very often. The Pevensie family gave her hope. Hope that things could, and maybe would get better. But hope can be a dangerous thing.

👑

𝟖𝟔𝟐 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒

𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨! 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧. 𝐢 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐞-𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐬. 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐲𝐧𝐜 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐛𝐲𝐞!