30: When he goes on vacation

Start from the beginning

"Hey, now that our boyfriends left, how bout some girls' time now?" Ruby suggested.

"Oh, heck yeah! Let's go!" I exclaimed.

"I remembered there was a photobooth here and there are some new frames." Kasumi suggested.

"Let's go!" Ruby exclaimed as she dragged Kasumi and I to the mall in the airport.

A few days later...

"Hey babe, how's Europe so far?" I asked over a video call. It has been 4 days since Douxie left on his trip with Noah and Nat and I was currently at his place giving love for Archie. I talked with my mom to sleep at Douxie's apartment for one night and she agreed on one condition where we don't get hanky panky, if you know what I mean. I was shocked when my mom told me that condition as I defended, saying that of course I wouldn't get intimate with Douxie because it was only my second year in college and I was definitely not ready to lose my virginity just yet. I've heard a lot of horror tales of teenagers losing their virginity at a young age and it scares me. Abortion, forcing to marry the father of their baby, disowned by their parents, having sex at a young age oh my lord, what are teenagers up to these days? I also opened up to Douxie about it and he swore that we'd lose our virginity together after getting married, if we ever get that far in life.

"Super fun. It was definitely a break I needed from working at the café, bistro and bookstore." Douxie replied.

"I'm at your house by the way, Archie looks like he missed you too." I said, Archie rubbing against me and trying to get into the frame. I picked him up as he rubbed himself against me

"I miss him too but I miss you more." Douxie slyly smirked as I chuckled.

"What time are you coming back here at?" I asked.

"I should touch down at 10-ish." Douxie replied. Wow, that's late.

"Ooh, I see. Well, I should have enough energy to last until 10. I can't wait to see you tomorrow." I said.

"I have a surprise for you by the way. But I won't show it to you just yet." Douxie fidgeted with his fingers.

"Oh, for sure you want to show me right on the spot. I know you're hiding something when you fidget with your fingers." I teased. "What is it anyways?" I asked.

"You'll know tomorrow." Douxie replied.

"Hey Big D, you ready?" I heard Nathaniel call from the other line.

"Just a minute!" He yelled back. "I'm sorry, I have a dinner reservation with the guys so I'll call you back later." He turned to me.

"Go enjoy your last dinner here. See you later." I said. I then picked Archie up and waved a paw at Douxie, telling him, "Archie says he'll see you later too."

"See you buddy. Bye for now love, I love you." Douxie smiled.

"Love you more." I blew a kiss before hanging up.

"Who knew you loved your boyfriend that much." I got a fright when a voice spoke.

"What the-, who the-, what?" I started to freak out, looking around the apartment to see who spoke.

"Down here ma'am." I looked down to see Archie looking at me.

"You-"

"I can explain. You're dating a wizard who is at least 900 years old." Archie spoke, leaping out of my lap and standing on two legs. "But physically he's 19." He continued. Okay this town is definitely not normal. I just knew something was fishy about this town. First, trolls exist underground. Then, my friends Aja and Krel are Akiridions, or aliens and now pets that talk and wizards exist? Dang, I must be imagining all this.

"Wait a minute, that day when I slept over here and when I woke up earlier than Doux, I asked if you wanted salmon and you nodded like you could understand me." I recounted.

Flashback

"Okay Archie, what does Douxie feed you in the morning? Salmon? Since you're not a cat kibble kind off cat." I asked. Archie seemed to understand me as he nodded.

"Alright, salmon it is." I said, searching the freezer for more salmon to use as I prepared Archie's breakfast.

"Here you go. Now it is my turn to eat." I said, placing a plate before making breakfast for myself and Douxie.

"Woah, I-"

"You must be freaked out, I apologize that I scared you but I assure you I explain things better than my familiar." Archie spoke.

"Familiar?"

"You see, Douxie is like my dad and I'm like his teacher. I assist in his magics and taking care of him. People refer to me as an associate, which is kind off like your pet but also not. Also, do refrain from calling me a 'wizard's assistant', it is rather offensive." Archie explained. He sure has a lot of sass in him.

"So, is your regular form just a cat?" I asked.

"Nope, I can turn into a dragon." Archie replied, his cat form turning into a dragon as he flew around the place.

"Woah, that is so cool!" I exclaimed. I may have been creeped out by Archie talking because I thought Archie was just a normal cat but turns out he hates cat kibble and absolutely loves roasted salmon and can talk, and he's Douxie's associate.

"Also, could you keep this a secret from Douxie?" Archie insisted.

"I'm always trusted with secrets." I replied.

"Douxie's master is actually Merlin." Archie confessed. My eyes widened even more. Merlin? As in Merlin Ambrosius Merlin? Holy moly, my boyfriend's master is literally a master wizard. And based on the story of Camelot Archie told me about was similar to a fantasy book I was reading that explained the story of Morgan Le Fay, or in this case Morgana Le Fay.

"Woah, I am literally mind-blown right now." I exclaimed. "But don't worry, I'll keep this secret between the both of us." I continued.

"Also, when Douxie comes home, should I stay quiet or should I just casually talk to him with you?" Archie asked. I do love giving Douxie surprises so I replied, "Why don't we keep your ability to talk between the both of us for now. Until Douxie brings up the courage to talk to me about his secret wizard life."

"Deal." Archie stuck out his paw as I shook it.

"Well, I have to go now. Need more salmon before bed?" I asked.

"Maybe as a midnight snack later." Archie replied.

"I believe there are some leftovers from dinner moments ago so let me put them near your play tower." I got up and went to the kitchen area to prepare Archie's salmon.

"Alright, see you tomorrow. I'm sleeping over tomorrow." I said. Archie looked up at me with his kitty eyes as I bent down to scratch his chin and ear before leaving.