25: When he confesses (Your pov)

Start from the beginning

"Oh, well, as your best friend, I should have a listen to it. I seldom see love poems on TikTok and I'm curious about this one you found." I insisted.

"Don't cringe, alright?" Douxie said.

"Calm down, I won't." I reassured. Douxie then took out a piece of paper and read out whatever he wrote.

"Roses are red

Violets are blue

When I first saw you

I wasn't in love with you.

But...

Roses aren't all red

And violets will never be blue

I want to say I don't like you

But I can't deny my feelings for you.

I tried forgetting about my feelings

But my heart beats for you

I wrote this poem

To show how much I liked you.

But then again

Roses aren't all red

And violets will never be blue

By the time I confess to you

Please don't hurt my feelings for you." Douxie read out the poem he found on TikTok. Even though Douxie is not the poet, those words sounded so pure and the way Douxie read it, it sounded to genuine and legit. Whoever he reads this poem to will definitely have tears rolling down their face. Speak of the devil when I felt my eyes well up.

"Woah, that was... remarkable. Even though you didn't write it, I'm sure your crush will love it." I commented, rubbing my eyes.

"She already does." Douxie looked up at me. Wait a minute, is he for real?

"Uh. Wh-what?" I questioned.

"Y/n, it's you. It has always been you." Douxie confessed. "Y/n, I really like you." He added. Am I dreaming right now? Douxie had feelings for me this whole time but I've been unaware. I know I kissed him a few weeks after we first met at the festival but that was just to get away from my ex, I wasn't thinking straight then. And then I pecked him on the cheek at the bookstore just to make a bunch of girls jealous. All this time he... liked me? I didn't know what else to say as I continued to look at Douxie with confusion screaming in my eyes.

"Never mind, I shouldn't have said that. It just slipped off my mouth, I-"

"Stop, stop, stop. It's not your fault, I was just in shock." I said. "For so long, I've been trying to think of you as a friend. But after our first outing together, that first kiss just to get away from my ex, I realized you weren't just my best friend, but something more." I explained.

"I thought that it would be romantic if I confessed when the sun sets." Douxie spoke as I chuckled.

"And you made the right decision." I smiled. I felt my cheeks flash red as I found myself shifting closer to Douxie. I know I've liked him for a while but I feel so nervous now that we both practically told each other our feelings and I'm not sure if I made the right decision by dating again. I felt Douxie scoot closer to me as his hand slumped on top of mine. We looked at each other, both of us practically swimming in each other's eyes now.

'Just kiss him already.' I heard the inner voice of mine telling me to go for it. I leaned in slowly as Douxie leaned in too. Before our lips met, a phone ringtone sounded. It's always the ringtone that disrupts the moment like in the dramas.