19: When you have dinner with him

Începe de la început

"Oh, I see. Well, we'll see if he likes the salmon I make." Y/n said, placing a plate on the ground for Archie. Archie swarmed over and started devouring the salmon.

"Woah, that is quick. Looks like he really likes it." Y/n commented. "Anyways, I hope you're not allergic to seafood cause I made my mom's favourite seafood pasta." She continued, sitting down. Seafood, my favourite.

"Your mom makes this for you?" I asked.

"My dad actually. But when I was 7, he left me, my mom and my brother for another woman. But he did leave his recipe with the three of us and both Jim and I picked up how to make it." Y/n explained.

"What happened between your dad and your mother that caused your dad to leave you guys?" I asked, out of curiosity and sympathy. Her face sank as she fell silent for a while.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"It's fine. My parents fought a lot, especially when my dad is drunk." Y/n interrupted me. "Let's not talk about this right now. Food's getting cold." She forced a smile as she started eating. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have asked about her father.

"Anything you want to watch?" I asked, turning on the television.

"What do you have on Netflix?" Y/n asked. I started scrolling through the channels and got a shock when y/n squealed, "Oh my god, The Kissing Booth! It's been a while since I last watched it!"

"What's that show about?" I asked.

"Basically, there's two childhood best friends who have a set of rules they and one rule of theirs is that they're not allowed to have romantic relationships with any relatives but the girl did have feelings for her best friend's brother which did cause some problems at first but you know, he just wants to be happy for his best friend." Y/n explained.

"Then why is called 'The Kissing Booth' exactly?" I asked.

"Oh right, they had a fundraiser booth to do as a project and decided to do a kissing booth. People pay to kiss someone you don't know. One person will be blindfolded and people will pay them money to kiss the blindfolded person." Y/n explained.

"That sounds interesting. But again, I'm alright with watching anything." I said, selecting the movie. As I took a bite of the pasta, my eyes instantly lit up. This is definitely way better than instant ramen.

"I have to give it to you, you and Jim are master chefs." I commented as y/n chuckled.

"Jim had a stellar teacher, me. I taught him how to cook and sometimes when I'm busy or sleeping in he'll make breakfast for himself, me and my mom." Y/n explained as she started eating.

"Arch looks like he enjoyed the salmon." I commented, noticing Archie pushing his empty plate towards me.

"Lucky for Arch, I have extras. He can finish them all." Y/n stood up and got the plate with extra salmon pieces from the counter top before placing it on the floor for Archie.

"Here you go. Enjoy." Y/n cooed as she rubbed Archie's chin, causing him to purr. Once both of us were done eating, we argued again on who should clean the dishes, a friendly argument.

"I insist y/n, you're the guest and you cooked dinner tonight. I'll clean up everything." I insisted.

"You really are a gentleman, aren't you?" Y/n folded her arms and sat on the couch. I smiled at her as I cleared the plates and washed them. When I was done, I sat back on the couch a distance away from y/n and continued watching the movie.

"I'm gonna hit the showers now." I said as I stood up.

"You don't want to wait for the best part?" Y/n asked.

"It's fine, I can always rewatch the movie." I insisted as I went to my room. Yeah, my bathroom is in my bedroom.

"Y/n's chin scratches are the best." Archie climbed onto my bed and curled up into a ball. "If you actually become her boyfriend, you can invite her here almost everyday to hangout." He continued.

"Arch, the café or the bookstore is another place that she goes often. Except for one place that she doesn't know yet." I replied.

"She doesn't know you visit the children at the children's hospital too?"

"Yes. But sooner or later she'll figure it out." I said. Yes, other than the café and the bookstore, I would occasionally swing by the children's hospital to donate some of my old toys to them or read them a story or just play with them. I just love kids, a lot.

"Well, enough of y/n, time for me to have a nice shower." I said, grabbing a new set of clothes and heading into the bathroom.