My boys - chapter 34

Shay's pov~
After that night at Reggie's Susan always makes me come over for dinner. It's like I'm part of the family.

She's been teaching me how to cook for myself so when Jake is gone I can cook meals that will last for a few days.

Will has been teaching me to drive and preparing me for my test. He says he's sure I'll pass.

They took me in as one of their own. I still live at home but these people are so kind that they are taking care of another persons child, which was the aftermath of a cheater, and took care of me like I was their own child.

There are some good people in this world.

-Time skip to Thursday of the next week-

"Jake!" I ran over to him as he pulled up with the rental car. He pulled me into a tight hug and held me for a few seconds.

"Let me help you with your bags." I suggested and he handed me a suitcase. It looked like it had enough clothes for a week.

"How long are we staying in Kansas?" I questioned.

"Two weekend and a half." He explained.

"Oh it looks like you packed for one week. You are an outfit repeater!" I giggled.

"Whatever Shay." He said with a big smile as we walked into my room.

"Okay so I was thinking you could cut school tomorrow and just have a day to ourselves. We'll also get the keys to the apartment and give it a deep clean." He explained and I nodded in agreement.

"Sounds good. How was your flight?" I asked.

"If was good of course there was a baby but it only cried a little bit. Did you eat?"

"No I usually eat at Susannah's but I was too excited for you to come." I answered falling back on my bed looking at the fake stars on my roof.

"Jake."

"Yeah?"

"You and your family are good people. I would be stranded without you." I blurted still staring at the ceiling.

"Shay that's your family too. You are one of those good people. I'd be stranded without you too. I love that I get to support someone so much and I'm glad it's you Shay. You're my lil sis. Always." He flopped on my bed next to me and we fell asleep just like that. On top of the covers with Virgo in between us.

My brother and I. Me and my brother. We're sticking together.

A/n school is so hard yall so don't  expect chapters that often I'll write when I get the chance. 🫶🏽 also comment and interact please I wanna talk to you guys.