"I want you know, that I'm really glad we met. And I don't want to rush anything if you're not ready. But I promise to show you a different side of me, a side that's genuine and committed."

I felt a comforting warmth spread through my body as I nodded. It was a risk, one I knew might carry consequences, but I couldn't ignore the excitement I felt whenever he was around.

"Alright, Cam, it's your turn to ask a question."

He smirked, his brooding brown eyes locked with mine. "Alright. Have you ever been attracted to someone you shouldn't be?"

I felt a blush creep up my cheeks. I hesitated before answering, wanting to be honest but also careful not to reveal too much. "Yes." I whispered, avoiding his intense gaze.

A sly smile formed on his lips as he leaned closer. "Care to share who that person was?"

I was filled with guilt for my feelings towards him. It was as if I was irresistibly drawn to him, despite knowing it was wrong. A sense of fear started to creep in. It felt like I had no control over myself. I attempted to dismiss his question with a nonchalant laugh, but I could sense the intensity of his gaze. Therefore, I forced a smile and shrugged, pretending that his question didn't affect me. However, deep inside, I was aware of the truth. I was attracted to him in a way that was forbidden, and no matter how much I pretended, that wouldn't change.

"I-I can't say that."

"Fair enough." He said with a nod. "Your turn."

I shook my head. "What's your favorite way to spend a lazy Sunday?"

"Well, Elle, I could tell you that I spend my Sundays meditating. But truthfully, I enjoy lounging around in my pajamas, binge watching shows, and eating pizza."

Cameron standing there, casually leaning against the kitchen counter, wearing nothing but a pair of soft, worn-out pajama bottoms. His hair is falling effortlessly across his forehead, adding an irresistible charm to the scene. There's a subtle smirk playing at the corners of his lips, as if he knows the effect he has on me.

As he bites into the pizza, his lips slightly part to show his perfect teeth. The sight is mesmerizing, and I can't tear my gaze away. I imagine stepping closer to him, closing the distance between us until there's nothing but the air separating our bodies. I sense the warmth emanating from him, pulling me towards him like a magnet. I extended my hand towards him, running my fingers along the lines of his chest, sensing the heat of his skin under my touch. The idea gives me goosebumps, sparking a flame inside me that cannot be put out.

"ELLE!"

He called out my name, making me jump. "Yes?"

"Must have been some pretty intense thoughts to have you zoning out like this."

Flustered, I feel a blush creep up my cheeks as I meet his gaze, embarrassed at being caught in such a vulnerable moment. "Oh, um, sorry." I stammer, mentally kicking myself for being so obvious.

He chuckled softly, a warm twinkle in his eyes as he leans in closer. "What were you thinking about?"

My heart races at his question, unsure how to respond. Should I tell him the truth? That I was imagining him, shirtless, and eating pizza in the most enticing way imaginable. The thought alone makes my cheeks burn ever hotter. 'You were eating pizza, but, like, in a really... sexy way.' Nope that doesn't sound right. Mission abort.

Deny, deny, deny.

"I was just thinking about some college stuff."

Thank God I didn't reveal my foolish daydream and make a total fool of myself.

After finishing our meals, he suggested we take a walk outside by the river. The night air was cool and inviting. He offered me his arm, and I linked mine through his, feeling a sense of comfort settling over me as we walked side by side. We strolled leisurely, lost in conversation and the simple pleasure of each other's company. Every now and then he would reach over to brush a stray hair from my face. The stars twinkled above us, casting a romantic glow on our surroundings.

"You mentioned earlier, you live with your brother. You must miss your parents?" He asked.

I chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "Oh, I miss them a lot. But luckily, my brother, Liam, has taken up the challenge of fulfilling both the roles. He's like a protective father, who doesn't allow me stay out late and at the same time he cares a lot about me."

"I take it you and Liam are very close."

"We are."

His expression shifted slightly, a hint of tension. "I know you both don't get along very well, but... he's, my brother."

"Of course. Next question, your chance."

"Okay. What's your most treasured possession?"

"Well, I guess it would be my mom's locket. It's something she gave me before she passed away."

His love for her was evident in his eyes. I could only imagine the pain of losing someone who was your biggest source of strength. I observed him trying to hold back his emotions, his hands shaking slightly.

"You must really miss her? How was she?"

His smile faded, replaced with a somber expression. "I'm sorry, Elle. I don't really want to talk about it right now."

I could sense the sadness in his voice, and I understood that some wounds were still too fresh. I leaned closer to him. "It's okay, Cam. Whenever you feel comfortable talking about it, I'm here to listen."

"Thank you."

We sat in comfortable silence for a while, simply enjoying the peace and tranquility of our surroundings. I glanced over at him, his profile bathed in moonlight, and I felt a surge of affection well up inside me. Without a word, he reached out to take my hand, intertwining our fingers together. The tenderness of his touch felt surreal, as if it belonged to a fairytale rather than the messy, complicated reality of our lives.

 The tenderness of his touch felt surreal, as if it belonged to a fairytale rather than the messy, complicated reality of our lives