Author's Note- I am dying

Hey amazing readers!

A few weeks ago, I was sitting on my desk scrolling through endless video thumbnails on my laptop screen. Nothing on my feed was able to pique my interest which meant I was mentally burnt out. And just like I always do in such moments, I shut the screen of my laptop with a little loud thud and threw myself on bed.

Usually in these situations, I would suffer anxiety. The anxiety of what next. Sometimes this leads to me coming up with an organized plan for productivity. But as I set my smartphone on airplane mode, and closed my eyes to calm down a bit, I saw a vision of Hogwarts. The angle which was shown to us in the movies when they entered Hogwarts for the first time. It reminded me of the coziness of that place, the excitement of the magical world and the overall adventure that shaped my ideas through most of my childhood.

This longing to return to such a world of magic brought me to the next batch of thoughts. When was the last time that I wrote something. I have been writing ever since I was six. And before you roll your eyes and accuse me of false exaggeration, I assure you it was not a masterpiece the very first time. It was only two pages of some crazy superhero that I conjured out of all the superhero movies I had watched. But ever since then, the journey hasn't stopped.

Books kept on filling my shelves and new ideas filled my mind. Every book I read, every movie I watched, brought some or the other learning or idea in my plate. Sometimes I would sit and pen it down on some rainy afternoons or cool summer evenings. But few pages through and my procrastinator lazy self would give up on writing. Because as I grew with the books and ideas, the stories turned from two pages to maybe hundreds of them. And my lazy butt was not ready to commit to such a daunting task. So I would stash those ideas in my head, hoping to unleash them someday when I get over this charming habit of mine and write those darn pages.

This time I felt it was time to wake up and take the call. But out of those many ideas in my head, I was confused which one to pick. All the while, the world of Hogwarts kept lingering in my mind and I planned of writing a short fan fiction and give it a shot. After all nobody is going to read it anyways. But as I let ideas flow into my mind with the first chapter, I didn't realize I was cooking something too deep to end shortly.

By the end of the first chapter, I pushed the screen aside and pulled out my notebook. The blank pages staring at me and the satisfactory feeling of the roughness under the tip of my pen as it slid along with my hand, has always had the power to bring out original ideas faster in me. And thus, after a few hours, I came up with a long outline for the whole story as it unfolded before the eyes of my unconscious mind.

As i wrote the last few words of the ending in the outline, my inner sloth whimpered in agony. But the idea for me was so juicy that I didn't want to leave it. So, I let myself suppress my inner lazy self and sat down to write the whole story.

Two weeks into it and here I am. On my way to write an author's note addressing my so called "non-existent" readers( at least for now) that I won't be able to write for a few days due to some personal agenda that had come up all of a sudden. So, the next chapter won't be coming for a few days, unfortunately.

And when I say what I said above, don't trust me. Really, I have no reason to hide this and I don't know why other writers do, or maybe they don't, but I am seriously not in a mood to write right now. Although I promise from the core of my heart that I will complete this story. And when I say this, please trust me because I am honest.

I will complete it no matter how it ends up coming out. It's a piece of art for me. I consider myself an artist, doesn't matter if you don't agree. But for me this is art ad throughout the years of writing, failing and giving up, I have learnt one thing for sure. You feel your art not force it. So, I can't force myself when I don't feel like writing. And even if it does not turn out to be the best or even as good as the industry standards, I would like to complete it. Because feelings can have flaws and there's nothing wrong about it. And thus, I would like to present my will to leave for now. Thank you sire!