-'CHAPTER 12 ⤑COORDINATES'-

Start from the beginning

Dean finally finds his phone opening it up as he puts it to his ear.

A small scoff could be heard, and Evangeline's eyes roamed to Dean, who was smirking like an idiot. “I don't believe it”.

“What”.

Evangeline couldn't say she wasn't curious, either.

“It's, a text message” he took a seat on the bed next to Sam “It's coordinates”.

୭ 🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀

“You think dad was texting us?” Sam questioned.

Dean was now sitting back in front of Evangeline typing away intently on his computer while Sam sat on the bed a few paces away.

“The man could barely work a toaster Dean”!

“This is good news” the older boy pleaded “it means he's okay, or alive” There was a glint of hope in his eye, and Evangeline desperately hoped he wouldn't be disappointed

“Was there a number on the caller I.D”?

“Nah it said unknown”.

“Okay, well, where do the coordinates point”?

Evangeline leaned forward slightly, curiosity nipping in her.

“That's the interesting part, Rockford, Illinois” he explained.

“Okay, that's interesting how”?

“I checked the local Rockford paper. Take a look at this” he turned his computer toward Evangeline, gesturing Sam to follow.

The girl leaned forward, trying to read as Sam came behind her, looking over her shoulder.

“This cop, Walker Kelly” Dean clicked on a photo “comes home from his shift and shoots his wife” he explained. “Then puts the gun in his mouth and blows his brains out”.

Evangeline wrinkles her nose in distaste.

“Earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at Roosevelt Asylum”.

“I'm not following” Sam mutters Evangeline nods in agreement.

“What does this have to do with anything” she voiced.

“Dad earmarked the same asylum in his journal” the man flips through the pages “Let's see, here” he turns the book over to Evangeline and Sam to show them the newspaper printing on the journal.

“Seven unconfirmed sightings” Sam reads off “two deaths”.

“Until last week at least” Dean cuts in “I think this is where he wants us to go”.

Sam scoffs, shaking his head.

“This is a job,” he sighs. “Dad wants us to work a job”.

“Maybe we'll meet up with him. Maybe he's there” Dean sounded eager.

“Maybe he's not. He could be sending us there by ourselves to hunt this thing” the younger brother points out.

“Who cares? If he wants us there, it's good enough for me” he stands, closing his laptop.

“This doesn't strike you as weird, the texting, the coordinates”?

“Sam, dad's telling us to go somewhere, we're going”.

Evangeline purses her lips awkwardly.

Dean walks out of the room, and Sam lets out a sigh. Evangeline stands, giving the brother a half smile as she follows after Dean.

୭ 🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀

Evangeline watched from afar as Dean took a seat, talking to the partner of the cop who had died. Sam stood next to her, giving her a small look.

“I just need to know what happened” Dean pressed the man whose expression was angry.

Evangeline nodded, and Sam gave her a knowing look, taking this as their cue.

Sam shoved Dean hard “Hey buddy, why don't you leave the poor guy alone, huh?!”.

“The man's an officer, why don't you show a little respect” Evangeline spoke, glaring at the older Winchester.

Dean played the part well, walking away angrily but not before giving Evangeline a small knowing look.

“You didn't have to do that” the officer spoke as the door fell shut behind Dean.

“Yeah of course I did, that guys a serious jerk,” Sam nodded.

“Let me and my brother buy you a beer” his eyes met Evangeline. He nodded lightly, looking a bit weary of the duo.

“Three” Sam nodded to the bartender.

“Thanks,” the cop said.

Sam and Evangeline shot him a smile. He spoke quickly after that.

୭ 🧷 ✧ ˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀

“Shoved me kinda hard in the buddy boy” Dean grumbled as Sam and Evangeline walked out of the bar.

“I had to sell it, didn't I?” he shrugs. “It's method acting”.

“Huh,” Dean mutters, confused.

Evangeline smiles lightly “We got the information at least”.

“What did you find out?” Dean asked.

“So Walter Kelly was a good cop”.

Evangeline nodded in agreement “Head of his class had a bright future ahead of him”.

“What about a home?” Dean pressed.

His brother spoke up “He and his wife had a few fights, like everybody, but mostly it was smooth sailing”.

“They were even talking about having kids” Dean's eyes flickered to her as she spoke.

“Alright so either Kelly had some crazy waiting to burst out or something else did it to him”.

“Right,” the brunette nodded.

“What did undertone tell you about the asylum”?

“A lot,” the hunter confirmed.

*・῾ ᵎ⌇ ⁺◦ 💘 ✧.*

A small chapter, promise the next one will be better! Enjoy <3