❀𓆉ᴡʜᴀᴛs ʏᴏᴜʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ?𓆉❀

RAFE'S POV

"Undeniable chemistry and horrific timing. They love each other." i said staring off into the caramel colored sunset right off the edge of the deep blue bay. just the salty smell can make anybody hurl. "you're actually so odd, like, where did that even come from?" sarah, my sister, replied hiding a strand of her dusty blond behind her ear. "shouldn't you be worried about something else?" i said, giving her that cocky eyebrow thing that all those sassy girls at Heyward's Seafood do.

today my dad "king of the island" "leader of the kooks" "my sugar daddy"  is throwing a big party for EVERYBODY to go to. even the sad little pogues are able to go, only because one of them works for my dad. the pogues think we all have it made but they don't realize that money isn't everything. at least they have real friends and don't have to spend every minute with cocky people just because you want your parents to be happy. which sweet innocent sarah cameron, the princess of outerbanks, always seems to make them proud without even trying.

"nope YOU should be worried. you know dad is going to be watching you like a hawk around the alcohol."

"jerk"

i left before she could carry on and me get actually mad. that's the bad part. we are the golden family to the island but we are secretly living hell. they all hate me ever since what happened wi- "RRRRAAAAFFFEEEEE!!!!" i hear my dad scream.

i ran up the stairs. "damn, why do we need all these steps" i mumbling to myself. as i reached my room at the end of the hall i quickly throw off my clothes and change into some khaki shorts and a tan striped polo shirt. i then ran down the stairs almost busting my head open. i then made me some ice cold lemonade and plopped down on the couch waiting for people to flood in.

30 minutes go by with a few people here then in about an hour i can barely hear my own thoughts. i suddenly spot jj maybank flirting with some girl from my school named caylee harrison. i wouldn't really mind it if he wasn't drowning himself in my booze. before i turn to walk over there i look around to see if my dad is anywhere close. on my way over i grin at some of the kook girls. "so, see your dad anytime soon jj?" i said pouring me some koolaid "see your sister anytime soon Rafe?" he replied with one of his stupid grins. "what do you mean by that.." "i saw john b giving her that john d" he's just saying that to piss me off "where is she" i said clenching my jaw. "i saw her slip off with him a while ago" he said going back to drinking and talking to caylee. "might as well" i whispered to myself pouring straight vodka in a plastic cup then taking a small sip. i then grabbed the whole bottle, hid it in my shirt and ran outside.

i sat on my porch swing thinking if i should down this whole bottle now or savor it for the week when i heard her voice. i knew that once i heard it, i wouldn't be able to forget it. i looked up in a daze. my mind feels like it's lagging.

i'm drunk

i need to at least try to think before i do. i need to talk to her. i need water. that's when i see her deep brown eyes, her dark brown hair, her pearly white teeth that makes her smile shine bright but makes me feel brighter, her laugh that could replay in my head all day and i'd never get sick of it. she's beautiful and she knows it. you can tell by the way she moves, so confidently but yet she's not cocky looking at all. i haven't even spoken to her and i already adore her.

"hi" i said trying to keep my balance and eyes open. "hi" she said with a disgusted look on her face. "sorry.. i just.. i don't know."

i'm messing this up

"No, it's fine, are you okay? you need to sober up you know. i can smell you from here." she had some type of tone that made her sound like she was actually worried about me. "i'll go if you go. i mean. um. go with me?" i'm being so embarrassing this girl is going to think i'm trying to kidnap her or something. "um, let me go get it just sit down" with that she walked towards the kitchen as i sat down sliding on the wall for support i plopping down half way through. "what're you looking at" i groaned shutting my eyes and running my fingers over my head. "uhh.. nothing.. bye!" some girl said rushing away.

i open my eyes to see a familiar girl with a familiar guy. there is my sister, blood, flesh, and bones. talking to a rat john b. i know i shouldn't be doing this. i quickly get up darting over to my sister. "so john b, conjured up any new stds this week?" i said taking a sip out of this concoction of a drink i made. "alright, what do you want?" he sighed, i can tell he's already tired of me. "talked to topper lately sarah?" i smirked taking yet again another sip. "oh shut up, it's not like your going to remember any of this in the morning anyway."

before i could reply to her i see her not any her but the girl i was so horribly talking to earlier runs up to us carrying what seems to be lemonade. "here" she says handing me the glass, almost spilling it. i chug the life out of it making a scrunched up face at its sourness. "there was some weird dude with caylee harrison blocking the kitchen sink so i just got you lemonade." she says catching her breath while smiling. "typical jj" john b and sarah says in sync.

"thank you for helping i won't make you stay much longer." i said looking down at her. "oh no it's fine my friends have all left by now anyways." she mumbled looking down at the ground and back up awkwardly. "so what's your name?" i ask.

"It's willow." she grins.

Authors note:
this is extremely chaotic i'm sorry it took me so long 😭💕