˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ 1

Start from the beginning

a few more minutes pass with them continuing to lay there. seungkwan feels a really strong breeze blow past them, and he yelps quietly, curling into mingyu as he curses loudly. the two older friends coo at his cuteness, giving each other knowing looks as they began to sit up.

wonwoo gave seungkwan a soft pat on the butt, the boy jumping and letting out a sound of surprise. wonwoo chuckled at the reaction, smiling as he murmured, "let's go, kwan-ah."

"thank god." seungkwan grumbled, sitting up quickly and brushing the sand from his clothes. he leaned down and grabbed his phone, watching mingyu pick up the blanket and shake the sand out. he stood back up and grabbed both wonwoo and mingyu's hands as he led them to the parking lot where mingyu's car was. the lot was empty, obviously. who went to the beach at 2 a.m.?

"yeah, that's what we get for trying to romanticize our lives." mingyu joked lightheartedly, the three boys chuckling quietly as they scurried into mingyu's car.

seungkwan slid into the backseat, wrapping the blanket around himself as he felt a shiver run down his body. he thanked mingyu quietly as he watched him turn the heater on. mingyu drove out of the lot, making his way down the empty streets of their small town.

seungkwan stared out the window, watching them drive past homes with their lights off. seungkwan didn't mind living in a small town. he actually chose to move back home after he graduated from university, feeling like the big city lifestyle wasn't for him. he was thankful that his two best friends seemed to agree.

seungkwan squinted at the bright lights as mingyu pulled into a gas station, the older boy turning off the car and stepping out into the brisk morning air. mingyu leaned back into the car as he asked wonwoo, "do you want anything?"

wonwoo smiled softly, shaking his head as he whispered, "no thanks, gyu."

mingyu nodded, turning to seungkwan with a soft smile of his own as he whispered, "anything for you, kwannie?"

seungkwan shook his head softly, leaning his head onto wonwoo's seat as he mumbled, "i'm good, hyung."

mingyu nodded, giving the two a short wave before he softly closed the driver side's door and headed into the store. seungkwan pressed his cheek against the seat, glancing at wonwoo momentarily before he let out a sigh. he startled as he heard wonwoo clap loudly, sitting up slightly as he saw wonwoo reach over and grab mingyu's phone.

wonwoo unlocked the boy's phone and paused the music mingyu was playing, pulling up a song he had been thinking of for the past few weeks. wonwoo turned to seungkwan with a bright smile as he said to the younger boy, "kwan-ah, i've been meaning to show you this song."

seungkwan smiled as he leaned forward to listen to the song, fully digesting the lyrics as he bopped his head along. it was a pop-punk song from the early 2000s that seungkwan vaguely recognized. seungkwan felt his smile fall as he heard the singer belt out the same line.

all i wanted was you.

seungkwan watched as wonwoo mouthed along dramatically, grabbing seungkwan's hands in some feeble attempt to steady himself. the younger boy faked a laugh as he watched wonwoo get too invested in the song. once it was over, wonwoo settled back into his seat with a loud pant, a contented smile on his face.

seungkwan had a blank stare on his face as wonwoo said, "that song reminds me of you." wonwoo stared ahead as he saw mingyu heading to the cashier inside the store with a bright and friendly smile. wonwoo found himself smiling as well.