BONUS CHAPTER 1

A boy with hair the shade of midnight blue, no older than 16, wore some square-trimmed glasses and a suit vest with a white undershirt beneath, paired with black pants and shoes, walked up to a blackboard and began to use chalk to write on it. What he wrote... was nothing important. It was just a detailed drawing of his looks without glasses and a caption just beside it saying 'Lumis is awesome!'

"So..." He began. "That was a pretty fast paced entrance exam, wasn't it?" He grinned. "Yours truly didn't even give anyone other than that crimson-wearing boy and the princess of the Solara kingdom a shot!" He laughed. "Of course, that may just be because the other side of the forest had all the other strong people gathered." He nodded with a hum. "Yes, yes, and there were a few things that may need exposition, so I should be the one to do so, so here goes!"

Solara is one of the three kingdoms of Humanis, known as the Kingdom of Sun. Its two sister kingdoms are known as Selun, the Kingdom of Eclipse, and Umbra, Kingdom of Moon. Apparently, there are quite a few members of the royal family that are attending the same year as me(I mean the very talented and handsome student, Lumis) as well as a few second years that are also a part of the royal family as well! Wow, the kings really know how to have a good time! Well, with their concubines and all.

The land of Orcan and Elondor are more united than the human kingdom is, with one overall kingdom for the both of them.

Golden Rose Academy is the greatest academy in the continent, also placed in the middle of all three countries, and as a show of good faith for the three countries, they allow all races to attend, no matter the social status. They only care about who has the strength and resourcefulness to protect the weak in a world where beasts are popping up more and more. I think we have a class about what is going on, so I'll keep my lips tight on specifics about that!

I think we're going to do this before we're allowed in our dorms, but we have these things called [Innate Occupation]. It's something we're born with, and it reflects on our personalities. But... it doesn't really have anything to do with the careers we can choose. We aren't allowed to see ours until we officially join an academy or some type of guild. I wonder what mine is? Guess we'll see soon!

Eh? You don't know the calendar year? Have you been living under a rock or something? Finneeeeee, i'll tell you, just 'cause I like you! Frostveil is really cold and it snows a lot then, and each of the three months is 29 days. The year starts at the start of Frostveil. Then we go onto Greenwyrm. It starts to get pleasantly warm at this time of the month and the wind blows a lot more often. Each of the three months has 28 days. Next would be Sunblossom. It's... hot during this season. I'm mentioning the sun after all, HAH! There's 30 days in each month of this season. I think I like Sunblossom the least though, I can't show off my stylish coat when it's so hot! But i'll tell you my favorite season, and that is Moonfall! We celebrate a lot of different festivals during this time, and it gives students a lot of fun things to do right after school starts! It starts to get chilly during this time of year, and the last month of the year might be when you need to start bundling up for the cold!

The months, in order from the start of Frostveil to the end of Moonfall are: Everfrost, Snowdrift, Frostfall, Dawnbreeze, Stormwatch, Oakwatch, Firebloom, Embermoon, Suncrest, Goldleaf, Harvestmoon, Shadowveil, and Mistwisp. I can show off style anytime though, haha!

The forest around Golden Rose Academy is hundreds of miles long, and many animals and beasts are dormant there. Apparently during the year, they suddenly hibernate just before the start of Suncrest to the end of Goldleaf.

Golden Rose Academy has a lot of part time jobs, I've heard. The campus is also very large and could be mistaken as a town with all the stuff you can do, and its more urban in construction. Of course that's all I found on my phone.

Ehh? Technology as well? Well, we have revolvers now, a gun that can have something called 'bullets' placed in them, or can just be fueled by magic to form very precise but destructive shots. but we have phones and computers made using crystal ball and magic stones to fuel them. They can connect to certain databases and even allow you to talk to people across the continent! It's... pretty cool.

Magic potential is a mixture of strength of magic and how much mana you can turn into spells and how fast. Aura is the personal reserves one has, and if pushed out against someone with a weaker aura than you, then they will feel immense pressure on their body and collapse. Oh, and Aura does give a color to all your spells. My aura color is Purple!

With spells, precision of the spell decreases power. The less precision, the more power one has. Of course, for geniuses such as I, I don't have to worry about weak attacks! ... I think the person I fought in the Entrance Exam will catch up with precision soon enough though. Guess i'll have to keep working hard.

Healing can be easy by using medical(magical) herbs into a medicine or ointment. There is another way, which allows you to do much more, such as replacing limbs, body parts and organs. Your soul is a reflection of oneself, so it has a set preference to heal yourself to a perfected state, as if you were never in a fight to begin with. It's a bit more difficult but I imagine if I could get a read on someone else's soul, I could cause a forceheal... Haven't needed to yet, HAH!

He yawned as he took off his glasses and sat at a teacher's desk right by the blackboard. "Alright, that's it for the lessons. I'm gonna take a nap. Now shoo, you should have some more important things to do. Unless you want to see my handsome face while I sleep, than I won't blame you!" He said, his eyes shutting and he stopped talking completely, which was accompanied even later by snores.  

Word Count: 1096

Finished 3.5.24