chapter 8: so, you think im pretty?

leah's pov~

i walk over to my brother, who is playing with sophia.

"come on, mum and dad are leaving now, you've got to go too" i tell him.

"5 more minutes, pleaseeee" he begs

"nope, you said that ten minutes ago. come on." i say, walking over to my parents again. i hug them both goodbye, along with my brother when him and sophia finally stop their competition. my mum gives sophia a hug and says goodbye, before giving me one last hug.

"she's a good one leah" she whispers, pulling away
"see you both at your next game!!" she says to both of us, before leaving.
i'm left slightly confused. was sophia nice to my  mum?
i knew she has a nice side to her.

me and sophia start walking down the corridor, on our way  to our room, neither of us saying anything.
we get into the lift

"soo, you think i'm pretty?" sophia says smugly, turning to me, her usual smirk back on her face.

"i might have said that" i reply, rolling my eyes.

"you still think that?" she teases

"i might do" she steps closer to me, placing her hands on my waist. sophia is literally all i have been able to think about recently. i don't want to admit it, because i know her history. but i know she has a soft side. i just need to get to it. unluckily for me, she's good at hiding it. very good.
it's annoying, anytime i actually see a glimpse of her nice side, she ices me out. her only way of defense ignoring me or being rude.
sophia pauses, looking down at me.

"i think you're really hot" she says, looking down at me slightly. i pull my head closer to hers. joining our lips together. she kisses me gently.
bing.
the fucking lift. 
we pull away from eachother, the doors opening and lucy and keira stepping in.

"you two alright?" keira asks as she steps in
"both look a bit.. scared"
sophia tries to stop herself from laughing, and fails.

"nope, all good" sophia says confidently. she lies so easily.
as soon as it gets to our floor we both practically sprint out, wanting to get away from that situation.
we open the door, stepping inside. i check my phone, it's only 6:45.
i want to know why sophia's parents didn't show. its fucked.

sophia's pov ~

me and leah just got back. i got changed into some shorts and a hoodie. i lay in my bed, my boredness becoming very apparent. i groan, putting my phone down. i go and sit on leah's bed, she looks up from her phone

"you alright?" she asks, a kind of concerned and confused look settled on her face.

"just bored, wanna do something?" i ask

"like what?"

"ugh i don't know" i groan, sighing, laying down.

"can i ask you something?" leah asks me.

"if you want"

"why weren't your parents here tonight?"

"uhh dunno, haven't spoken to them in months. they don't like that i play football. " i say, trying to hold any emotions back. leah was about to say something, looking at me sympathetically. fucks sake.
my phone starts buzzing on my bed. i run over and grab it