Ch 9: An Already Blossomed Flower

Start from the beginning

Maybe God?... I'm pretty sure the only ones to have so much as seen God are the archangels Micheal and Gabriel, and Michael is practically the king of heaven so... maybe not the heavenly father.

Her old teacher before she became a guardian angel? Parents are supposed to be nurturing right?... No. her old teacher was a cupid meaning he had the appearance of a human child.

I used to think it must be nice to be to have someone look over you and then I had to be Iruma's Guardian Angel. It sucked for the both of us.

But still she valued him. She wanted to do nothing more than protect him. His life meant something to her.

Life is supposed be something precious, not thrown away for some dream of grandeur like what Sabnock had attempted earlier today.

She knew, that while they were on the guardian if she had even a morsel of care to throw towards him she would have given him a scolding to remember.

The aftermath would have been that he'd give up his dream of becoming demon king right then and there.

Because demon or not, he had a life to return to.

He had a life... One worth...something?

...

I think that's enough reflection for tonight. Back to work.

____

"Cassiel, Erica? Not present." Kalego called out and then marked the paper on his clipboard before moving on. "Iruma?.... Iruma? Iruma."

"Uh, yessir!" He yelled out awakened from his daze.

The door slammed shut and Kalego scoffed.

"Cassiel, Erica. Tardy. To your seat. Now!"

The angel, unbothered, decided to make her way to a table in the back. Seating herself between Iruma's table and the other girl who was sitting besides her. The quiet one with short white hair and glasses, Crocell Kerori, who was previously sitting by herself.

Being an observer in the overworld previously, Erica had a good enough grasp when it came to reading others, and her table-mate may be an interesting case. It didn't seem as though the white haired demoness was blending in because of some sort of social anxiety or the like, maybe more like she was keeping a secret.

Additionally, The Erica could tell that Crocell was trying her best to be subtle in the occasional small, seemingly shy glances she was casting in her direction, certainly not subconsciously but with some purpose

At the final glance Crocell's eyes met Erica's. Erica decided to toy with her a bit and tilt her head and smile cheekily at her. Behind the reserved demoness's glasses the Angel could see her deep blue eyes widen in embarrassment and and then turn to break her unintentional eye contact with an embarrassed blush lightly samples on her cheeks as the white haired girl fixed her eyes to her lap for the rest of the period.

Huh.

No matter, This demon was hiding in plain sight. A bit like what Erica was doing and also what Iruma... was....

"Gragherahgg!!"

"Gahh!" Iruma yelped in surprise "Azz what was that all about?"

"Well it seemed as though you were troubled, Iruma-sama so I thought this would cheer you up" The noble demon replied, his hands pinching Clara's cheeks in a silly expression..

Here I thought Asmodeus was too prudish to attempt to make a joke. Erica thought as she was looking on at the trio's antics ...And this is coming from a member of a species known for being the ultimate puritans.