11 | future

After her confrontation with Reid, she felt a weight lifted off her shoulder

After her confrontation with Reid, she felt a weight lifted off her shoulder. She was glad that she saw him and was able to get everything off her chest. She was finally able to forgive him in order to move on from all the anger, hurt and disappointment that he had put her through but she would never forget. She knew she would never see him again and she had never been more content. She was going to be a mother and has a bright future with the most amazing man and she couldn't wait. Ryan had been a dream that came into her life when she least expected it and she couldn't be more grateful. She was going to have a family with an amazing man.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

The couple had decided to finally tell their friends and family about the baby as she was in the second trimester and the risk of anything happening was less, but Ryan kept a close eye on her as anything could happen at any time and they both really wanted their little peanut. They had gathered their close friends and family at their house to finally let them know of the news.

Sera smiled, as she hugged Jack, "We wanted to make sure we were in the second trimester and had a plan moving forward. It's big news and the last thing we wanted was for something to happen." She had been terrified of losing the baby, especially after the doctors had told her that she might never get pregnant.

Jack laughed, "I completely understand. I'm happy for you both. You're making me a grandfather." He knew the moment the two had laid eyes on each other, they would fall in love. Ryan brought out the best in Sera and she mellowed him out. They brought out the best in each other and watching their love story grow, had been a complete blessing and she couldn't be more proud.

"How do you feel grandpa?" Ryan snickered as he walked over to the pair. He wrapped his arm around his girlfriend's waist, resting his hand on her stomach. It still felt completely unreal to him that they were going to be parents. She was giving him a family.

Jack rolled his eyes, "I know you're making fun of me but I'm happy for you both. I'm happy I'm going to be a grandfather and I can't wait to spoil the little bean. You ready for what's to come?"

"It's going to be a journey but we got each other and we're not alone, everyone's already agreed to help if we need anything." Ryan explained. He had made sure to talk to the doctors in order to support Sera the best he could, especially with her mental health.

Jack nodded as he listened to his son, "Good, I'm glad. I'm going to go and save your siblings from everyone else." His team and friends had been fawning over his younger children and they clearly looked like they were over the party.

"You good?" Ryan asked as Sera leaned into his side, sighing.

"Tired. And hungry." She pouted.

Ryan laughed as he pressed a kiss to her head, "I'll get you something to eat. Go sit down." Sera did as he said, watching as he walked away to get her something to eat. It warmed her heart that she had someone that cared about her like he did.

"I see someone looks happy."

Sera looked up to see Emily looking at her. The woman had returned from England to become head of the BAU when Hotch had stepped down. It was nice having her back so close, the future godmother of her child, and Emily made sure not to talk about work or anyone related to work unless it was Penelope. She was grateful for the friends that she had, that understood what she was going through and what she needed and no matter what happens will always have her back.

"I am. Didn't think I would ever be here but I am, I am happy." Sera smiled.

Emily grinned at her best friend, "You have been through so much and look at you now. You have a job you love, a man that has stood by you no matter what and a beautiful baby on the way. I am so proud of you. You have grown so much in the time I have known you and I'm so grateful to be part of your life." Sera was like the little sister she wished she had. The two had clicked straight away, having so much in common and were always there for each other. Emily was glad she was back in DC, close to her sister and able to be apart of her life.

"Thank you. You have no idea how much it means to me coming from you. You know, if you'd asked me five years ago if I'd be living with a man and having his baby, I would have laughed at you. I just can't believe how much has changed." Sera spoke with a smile as she absentmindedly rubbed her stomach. When she was with Reid, they had both been okay with not having children and she honestly never thought they'd move in together considering how much he loved his space. Yet here she was, pregnant and living with Ryan.

Emily took a sip of her drink, "I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. You were meant to end up here, even with all of the trauma that it gave you. You are one of the strongest people I know and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. You got this."

"That's what I have been telling her but she doesn't believe it." Ryan spoke as he placed a plate down in front of Sera before sitting down next to her.

Sera rolled her eyes, "Stop ganging up on me. I'm strong I know."

Emily and Ryan laughed, "You're an idiot."

"And youre both rude."

the end!