Xylia walked to her car, unlocking it before getting it putting her bags in the passenger seat. She took a deep breath before putting her on the steering wheel, her hands still on the sides of it.

The thought of seeing kyrie again scared her, it had been so long since she'd seen him, she wondered what he looked like now? Does he still have dreads? Does he hate her for moving?

Her mind began to overthink in the deepest ways possible. Finally snapping out, she put her car in drive and headed home.

❦❦❦

      THE CALM VOICE of jhene aiko played on xylia's mounted flatscreen tv as she proceeded to get ready for the party which started in a hour. She already had her pink dress on, deciding to put some sandles on with it since they would be in sand all day.

She was currently doing her makeup at her white vanity desk, applying mascara to her long lashes. " WHO DO I GIVE ME TO? WHO DO I LET WIN? YOU OR THE WORLD?" She sung lowly to " YOU VS THEM " as she sorayed her ariana grande perfume around her body, followed by vasoline to make it last longer, a hack she'd seen on TikTok.

she ran her hair through her middle part quickweave that flowed all the way down past her butt, straightening it out. Once she was done with everything, her phone went off as the caller ID read " trin💖 " across it. her fresh white acrylic french tips swiped across the screen, answering it.

"Hey trin, wassup" she said while picking out which purse she wanted to wear. "Hm, white telfar or white marc jacobs?" She thought to herself. "Hey lia, girl im on the way and you better be ready " she said followed behind a laugh as she sat in traffic waiting for the light to turn red.

"Girl, i been ready thank you very much" she said rolling her neck to the phone in a playful manner. "Mhm, you better be ill call you when im outside, youn gotta answer just come out" she said hanging up.

10 minutes went by, and trinity's name popped up across her phone. She grabbed her phone and purse, the white telfar before hanging up and walking out of her room towards the front door. once outside, she locked her front door and headed towards her car.

"girl you look so cute omg, its giving coquette" trin said cheesing, giggling not too far behind. "Aww, thank you sis you look gorgeous too, i always love a good crop top and jean shorts combo" lia said referring to what trin was wearing.

The two girls talked throughout the ride to the beach which was 20 minutes away from their homes. The beach party was going to have a bonfire at night so xylia was excited about that.

as they pulled up to the beach parking lot, the intense feeling of being nervous overwhelmed her. She was really about to see the group after all those years, especially kyrie. She missed him with everything in her.

"Ok, they should be right up there" trin pointed to the board that crossed over from the parking lot to the beach that was filled with many people. The two got out of the car, trin grabbing her totebag which had a towel in it, just incase and some other necessities she needed.

As they walked closer towards the board, lia spotted 4 individuals waiting at the middle of the board. Her heart flustered as she came to realization that those were her friends, their backs were turned so they couldn't see who was coming behind them.

"Ok, im going to walk up to them and be like i have somebody for yall to meet or something and then thats when you will suprise them" trinity said cheesing. Lia swallowed the lump in her throat as she stepped on the board, inches away from her friends.