Chapter 8

As soon as they left the group home, they walked to the car, and Harry opened the back door for Louis to put Elliot inside. They had gotten him a car seat, but they hadn't installed it yet, not wanting to jinx it, so Louis sat him on Ollie's car seat for now.

"That's it" Louis said as he buckled him "All ready to go".

He closed the door of the car, and instead of getting in the passenger's seat, he rounded the car to get on the backseat, wanting to keep Elliot company, as the drive back home could take at least 40 minutes.

While Harry drove, they told Elliot about their house, about their huge backyard, about their dogs, and about the room that would be his, and Elliot seemed excited for it all.

"Are you hungry, love?" Louis asked halfway through the drive, now realizing it was almost 1 pm.

Elliot nodded, and Louis tried to decide what he could cook quickly once they arrived home. Ollie was still at Harry's parents house, as they had decided it was better to bring Elliot home on his own, and then Harry would go pick up Ollie and bring him home so they could make the introduction then.

When they finally arrived home, Louis unbuckled Elliot, and helped him out of the car, while Harry took the backpack and the files they had been given.

"What do you think? Do you like your new home?" Louis asked as he held Elliot's little hand.

"Up?" Elliot asked.

Louis could tell Elliot was a bit anxious, so he picked him up, and the 3 of them walked up to the front door, and Harry unlocked it.But as soon as he did that, the dogs ran to them, begging for attention.

"No" Elliot said sounding a little frightened.

"Settle down" Harry told them "Nova, sit, you too Juno, sit, come on, sit... that's it good girls".

"Elliot, this is Nova and this is Juno" Harry told the boy "They won't hurt you, okay? They just get a little excited when we come home".

"You can say hi to them" Louis told the boy.

But Elliot just looked at the dogs a little nervously, but it made sense, he might have never lived with dogs inside the house, so it was natural that he was a little scared.

"Let's eat, alright?" Louis proposed.

He took Elliot to the kitchen, and he sat him down at the kitchen table. Elliot was still clinging to his raccoon, and he just sat there while Louis quickly cooked something and Harry talked to him.

After they ate, Elliot actually having eaten most of the food Louis gave him, they went with him upstairs to show him his new room.

"What do you think?" Louis asked him.

"Do you like it?" Harry questioned.

Elliot looked around, and then looked at them.

"It's your room!" Louis said happily "Look, we have some toys for you here, and these are books for us to read at night, and here you have your crayons and coloring books, and this is your closet... we still have to unpack what you brought with you, but we'll add them to your new things, alright?".

Again Elliot didn't speak, and he realized be was probably overwhelmed about all of this information, which was a lot for a 3 year old.

"Do you wanna play?" Louis offered.

Elliot didn't reply, and that's when Louis realized his trousers had a stain on them, and he had been a mom for 3 years, so he knew it was pee. Louis could tell the second Elliot noticed that Louis noticed what happened, because he broke down in tears.