chapter fifty-four

guys apologies for the lack of tom and crimson but idk what to do with them rn so im just filling everything up with ray and bill😭😭😭

Every time Bill saw Ray, he had to resist the urge to either punch him in the face, start crying in his arms, or kiss his face off right there in front of everyone. He couldn't do any of those things, so he just opted for avoiding him as best as possible.

Georg and Gustav had asked about it, knowing how close they'd gotten as 'friends' during Tokio Hotel's time in London, but Bill had just put it down to the distance making them grow apart. Maybe that really was all it was. So, after two days of avoiding him, Bill pulled Ray to the side when they were hanging out at the twins' house.

Whilst everyone was gathered in Tom's bedroom, some sat on the bed, some on the floor, Ray got up to go to the bathroom. Bill followed shortly after, claiming he had to go to his own room to charge his phone.

Once Ray walked out of the bathroom, Bill practically shoved him into his own bedroom, closing the door behind him as he followed him in.

"Bill, what the hell?" Ray asked. He went for the door, but Bill blocked him.

"You're asking me what the hell?"

"Um, yeah? You just trapped me in your room."

"And that beats you not texting? Not calling?"

"The phone goes both ways."

Bill scoffed. "So does a conversation, asshole, but you haven't let me have one with you since you got here. What happened? You kissed me, I flew off and now it's over?"

Ray sighed. He didn't know what to say. He was worried. He was afraid. He wasn't comfortable. It wasn't Bill, he was always comfortable with Bill, but he wasn't comfortable with himself.

"I told you I wasn't gay."

"What kind of straight guy- You said you were lying about that."

"No. I said I lie sometimes. I didn't say what I was lying about."

"So that whole you liking me thing was a lie?"

"I never said I liked you."

"You kissed me! You kissed me. You pinned me down to the- We almost- What?! Was it just some kind of experiment?"

Ray blinked away the tears forming in his eyes. He knew what that was like. He be used as some sort of experiment. Only those times had gone farther than a kiss.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"You're a fucking asshole, Ray."

"Whatever."

Ray walked out of the room, this time with no interference from Bill. He walked right out of the house, not caring that he didn't know his way around Leipzig.

Upon hearing the door slam, Tom and Aiden walked out of the bedroom. Tom advised everyone else to stay there, but Aiden didn't listen. The two walked into Bill's room, finding him sat on the bed, his head in his hands.

"Aiden, I don't think you should-" Tom began.

"I know you two kissed," Aiden said to Bill, "Ray told me just before we came here."

"Yeah, I bet that was really entertaining for you, the stupid idiot who thought Ray actually-"

"He's gay."

"What?"

"I don't know what just happened between you two, Bill, and I don't know why he's being like this, but Ray's gay. His name literally rhymes with it. What did he say to you?"

"That I was just some experiment. That it was a one time thing, he never liked me."

Aiden rolled his eyes and walked out, going to look for Ray.