¹² ; Angelic Security

Start from the beginning

     "I can't tell you exactly... but you need to trust me. I believe it will help both of us."

     Vox began laughing. "Uh, no," he said sassily before walking past you to look out at hell through his windows. "You may be a creature of purity, but I don't trust you."

     You paused before you slowly turned towards him. "How about... we make a deal?" you ask, swallowing away your fear as he tensed. Then slowly, he turns to face you again, now interested.

     Were you really gonna do this? You took a deep breath. "I should be clear, I'm not offering my soul or anyone else's soul but... information. I tell you how Carmilla could help, and you get me to her. Deal?" you asked as you put your shaking hand up, angel heart pounding against your chest.

     Vox zapped right in front of you again, him examining your worried but stern expression. How amusing. Working with an angel definitely could help with keeping him on top, along with promising protection of many. Tons of sinners, putting their trust into him. To a manipulative piece of shit like him, it was his wet dream.

     His hand started glowing sparks, electricity cackling around his arm. Abruptly, he grabbed your hand and pulled him closer to him against his chest. The sudden feeling of tingly sparks sent shivers down your spine. What have you gotten yourself into?

     Vox's left eye had spirals come from his pupil. With a smirk, he talked with his filtered voice: "Deal."

🝮

       After you made the deal, you told him about your mission— everything. Why you were here, what you had to do with the spear you had held since you got there. It was awkward, you never told anyone but Frank.

     Seeing how Velvette brought the angel's head to the meeting and how Carmilla seemed hesitant and pissed only lead your suspicions towards her even more. What if it was her? You weren't ready to kill someone— anyone.

     That is to say if you even could, you were just an angel and she as an overlord.

     Well, anyways, Vox and you were now out of his building, now at a restaurant. All around you were press taking pictures and Vox was eating it up. He could only imagine the headlines: "Vox and the angel together?!" with a picture of you two with hooked arms. Imagining Alastor's rage was pretty funny too.

     You sat at a plush seat in a more private section of the restaurant, the TV overlord in front of you on the other seat. "Order anything, lovely," he said with his hands folded on the table.

     A playful smile forms on your face. "Right. It's the least you can do for only showing interest in me because of the exorcists."

     His grin faltered as you chuckled. "I'm only kidding," you add as you now look down at the menu. Vox does the same as you both sat in silence, the sound of soft jazz music playing the only thing you could hear. After a while, the waiter comes and takes your order, Vox adding a bottle of red wine with the order.

     You find your gaze looking around the dark interior of the restaurant. The walls had intricate designs and paintings of beautiful demons. "This place is nice," you say, breaking the silence. He chuckled. "It's my favorite place. The food is delicious, and so is the wine. Last time I saw you, you were drunk off your mind. Do you drink often?"

     The question made you cringe as you remembered the last time you drank. "Um, not often," you reply with a soft smile. "You just caught me at a bad time."

Your smile made Vox stare at your lips in wonder before he looked back at your eyes. Everything about you was ethereal— your skin, your wings, your hair and how it flows alongside your face.

     "Is red wine your favorite?" you ask, trying to get his attention again.

"Why yes, it is. It's classier than a beer or any other alcoholic beverage."

     "Ironic as it's seen as the 'blood of Christ' ," you joke around, a laugh leaving your lips. He pursed his own.

      The two of you continued having conversations, you slowly getting comfortable with him. Not comfortable enough to remove your hand on the spear beside you. Speaking of which, he looks at it with curiosity.

     "Lute, the lieutenant of the Angel Army gave it to me," you said, noticing his gaze. He looked back at you. "Really? Is that to... you know," he trailed off. You nodded.

     "Tell me this. If heaven is so pure and great, why are they leaving the dirty work to you?" He asks.

     This question made you sigh as you looked down at your one hand on your lap. "Sera said she trusted me the most, that she would have sent Adam instead if she could."

     "Why didn't she?"

     Your eyes widen as you looked up at him. A dry chuckle escaped your lips. "He is needed in heaven. Probably doing... first man things," you joked.

     Before Vox can say anything else, the waitress game with the food, another with the bottle of wine. You stared at your [food], practically drooling. Both you and Vox grabbed the napkin cloth and placed it on your lap before digging in. God, you felt like you were alive again. The food was that good.

      You heard Vox chuckle at your reaction to the heavenly food. He picked up the bottle and poured himself a glass. He looked at your empty glass. "Would you like some?"

     Eh, a little wine never hurt anyone. You nodded politely. "Please."

🝮

     After dinner, you both returned to the tower. Both of you talked endlessly about anything, but you still watched his actions carefully as you held your spear.

He lead you to a guest room near his own quarters. It was the room adjacent from his. As you opened the door, you were greeted with a room similar to his, just without the monitors and with a bed. "In the closet, Velvette left a night gown. If you need anything, you have my number," he said in a sweet tone. You smiled at him, who waited at the door.

"I will come get you so we can take you back to the hotel."

"Thank you. Good night, Vox."

"Night [Y/N]."

And with that, you began to change. You flexed your wing that was damaged from Val. It seemed to be doing much better. Thank god. You slipped into the comfortable but unfamiliar bed. Vox promise he would get Carmilla to meet with you. He said she is a very busy woman, however. It might take a while. You hoped it was within the time limit you had.

As if on cue, a golden scroll suddenly appeared on your face, causing you to let out a yelp in surprise. You say up immediately before you looked at the scroll. Hesitantly, you opened it and read what it held inside.

"We realized a month may be too little time for you. And so, we decided we will give you until the extermination to get all the information you need. Keep up the good work, we believe in you.

             -Sera"

     And the bottom of the scroll, there was a little note accompanied by a drawing of Adam doing a rock and roll hand gesture. "See you soon, Angeltits!!!"

     You stared at the scroll for what seemed like hours.

     You're stuck in hell for 6 months?