Chapter 11 - Deep sleep

Mulai dari awal

"T..The wind's really scary." Said... Bobby Bearhug? I think that was his name.

After the bear finished her statement a branch broke off with a huge crash just outside a window of the room, scaring CraftyCorn, prompting her to hide under her blanket.

"I-I-I can't sleep!" She yelled out.

"Hey... We'll be okay, guys, I promise! All winds blow away... eventually." DogDay tried to calm his friends down, although unsuccessfully.

Silence enveloped the room once again for the next few minutes.

Said silence was broken when loud knocking was heard at the door. The winds went away, and the door creaked open slowly.

The figure of a short purple cat appeared at the opened door, smiling silently.

The camera cuts back to the seven animals now bearing the same smile the creepy cat did. They all shouted the cat's name at the same time. "CATNAP!"

They all started begging CatNap to help them sleep.

"Help us go to sleep CatNap!"

"We need it CatNap!"

"Please help us!"

"Please, please, please!"

Out of CatNap's huge smiling mouth came out the red gas I fell in. The substance filled the entire room, making the seven Smiling Critters go crazy, laughing hysterically, gradually getting more louder and more distorted.

The show then cut to static, then back to the room filled with now eight animals. The original seven were unconscious, either on the ground or on the couch.

CatNap was sitting on the middle of the couch awake, looking straight into the camera... or, more like my soul.

My god, I think this was an unreleased episode. I've never seen one like this.

Credits started rolling, and the show was then minimized, and a news reporter appeared on the screen.

"Everyone knows and Huggy Wuggy, Poppy Playtime but are your children safe from Playtime Co.'s latest toy? What you've seen here is Playtime Co.'s own 'Smiling Critters', a limited series cartoon meant to celebrate the release of the toys sharing it's name, yet both now face the fires sparked by the inclusion of one key member. This, is CatNap, and, like the others in his line, you just pull his little tail, and..."

Gas ejected from the toy's mouth like in the show.

"Seems innocent enough. However, parents across the country report their children experiencing strange and often violent nightmares, and beside them, their little, grinning, CatNap doll. Now, with controversy growing, Playtime Co. has announced the recall of all CatNap toys from the Smiling Critters line; his image cleared from all promotional material. But, damage already done, will disappearing be that easy? The exact cause of these 'incidents' still unknown, only one thing appears glaringly certain: Your children are not safe with CatNap."

The last part of the last sentence was weirdly staticky. Darkness then enveloped everything, and I could hear loud buzzing sounds again.

'Wait... aren't those the hydraulic presses? How? Didn't I die?' My eyes to confirm what I was hearing and I was right. Although a voice scared me.

"You're awake! I was sososo worried!! You are so lucky I found you in time, young man!"

I realized I was floating in the air, and turning my head towards the voice, the color pink was visible. It was Mommy!

"After the crash, I woke up in front of the burning train. I'm so glad I started searching for you, I don't know what would've happened if you would've stayed down there any longer!" She hugged me to her chest.

"Tank you, Mommy." I mumbled, still in the process of waking up, not realizing I messed up my words.

Mommy giggled and spoke, "I'll get us over this pit." She easily climbed over, and at the end was a sharp right turn. 

All I could see was a huge purple cat-like creature climbing up into some vents.

"CatNap..." I mumbled, now knowing who I have to deal with. I think Mommy heard what I mumbled, because she looked down at me.

"Yes, that's him. He isn't really friendly to anyone around here, so we have to be careful. We can't go back, the train completely blocked off the way." Mommy sighed, reaching for the sliding platform on the other end of the corridor because she didn't have anything to hold herself up on.

I took a few deep breaths, now knowing I have to face my childhood nightmare just like how I faced Huggy and Mommy.

-------

So happy to start chapter 3 :)

It's going to be a little weird to write, since I also put Mommy into this, I got used to writing the reader alone.

Let me know what you think about this chapter and if you liked it!

Words: 1385