Chico 3

As I sit at the back of the classroom with Lorenzo, my eyes keep drifting to Misa at the front with Lily. The teacher talks about World War II, but I can't focus on anything but Misa. Each time our eyes meet, my heart races. I can't get her out of my head – her hair, her laughter, everything.

While the teacher keeps talking, my mind wanders to daydreams where Misa and I share jokes and study together. I'm lost in these thoughts until Lorenzo nudges me, trying to snap me back to reality. But for me, reality is nothing compared to the world where Misa and I are more than just classmates.

"Alright, everyone, we're going to play a fun activity," she says, her voice carrying across the room. "Side left will be competing against side right. Get ready to show your teamwork skills!" I listen intently, hoping to end up on Misa's side as she continues with the instructions.
🩷🩷🩷

As Misa confidently guides our team's game plan, Maria leans over to me with a playful grin. "Hey, Chico," she says, her tone lighthearted, "I've gotta hand it to you, you're really look good today."

I glance over at Maria, offering a small nod in acknowledgment. "Thanks," I reply in a monotone voice, not quite sure how to respond to her comment. It's not that I don't appreciate the compliment, but my mind is fully focused on our strategy session. We've got a game to win, and I can't afford to let anything distract me.

As Maria leans back, seemingly satisfied with her observation, I turn my attention back to Misa, who's outlining our next move with confidence. Despite Maria's attempt to pull me into a side conversation, I'm determined to stay on track and contribute to our team's success. After all, there's homework on the line, and I'm not about to let anything get in the way of avoiding it.
🩷🩷🩷

With a wild cheer, our team totally nails it against side right, scoring us a pass on homework for the week. Our teacher is proud of both side and giving us major props and even letting us chill  for the rest of class.

The room's buzzing with excitement, and I'm talking with some classmates.While half the class is stuck on their screens, scrolling through endless TikTok videos or texting.
🩷🩷🩷
Maria: "Hey Chico, what's your type?"

Chico: "I don't really have one."

Maria: "Come on, everyone has a type. What kind of person are you into?"

Chico: "I don't know, I guess I just haven't really thought about it."

Maria: "Okay, but what about race? Like, is there any race you wouldn't date?"

Chico: "I don't know, it's not really about race for me."

Maria: "Seriously? You gotta have some preferences, right?"

Chico: "I guess so, but I don't really think about it like that."

Lorenzo: "Yo, remember that Caribbean spot we hit up last weekend? They had the best fried chicken, man."

Maria: "Oh yeah, I think I know the one. Was it 'Island Flavor'?"

Lorenzo: "Nah, that wasn't it. It had a different name, but their chicken was fire."

Maria: "Hmm, I'll have to ask around. I'm always down for some good Caribbean food."

Chico: "Yeah, me too."

Maria: "Hey Chico, what about gamer girls? You into that?"

Chico: "I don't know."

Maria: "Come on, you must have some thoughts on it. Like, do you find gamer girls cool or nah?"

Chico: "I guess they're cool, but I don't really have a preference."

Maria: "Fair enough. Just curious, you know?"

Lorenzo: "Hey Maria, if you want to suck Chico's  dick just say it."

Maria: "What? No way, I was just asking about gamer girls."

Lorenzo: "Sure, sure. But you've been asking him all sorts of questions."

Maria: "Oh, come on, guys. I'm just curious, that's all."

Lorenzo: "Uh-huh, sure."

🩷🩷🩷

Misa walks  up to our group,with a friendly smile, she relays the news about the homework for the loser team. Her voice is soft yet confident, and her words carry a sense of responsibility mixed with a hint of playfulnesses.

As Misa speaks, Chico's eyes are glued to her, as if he's mesmerized by her every word and movement. There's an unmistakable admiration in his gaze, as if he's seeing her in a whole new light. He finds himself stuck by her presence, unable to tear his gaze away.

Meanwhile, Lorenzo sees  Chico's intense focus on Misa, and a flicker of curiosity crosses his mind. Could it be that Chico, his usually laid-back friend, has  feelings for Misa? Lorenzo wonders.

🩷🩷🩷

As the bell rings, signaling the end of class, everyone starts to shuffle out, eager to start their break. But just as Misa and I are about to leave, the teacher calls us both back.

"Hey, Misa, Chico, can I have a quick word?" the teacher asks.

Misa and I exchange a curious glance before nodding and heading over to the teacher's desk.

The teacher smiles warmly at us. "I just wanted to get some feedback from my top students. How do you think the lesson went today?"

Misa talks first, her voice confident. "I thought it was great, sir. You explained everything really well, and it was easy to follow along."

I nod in agreement, adding, "Yeah, definitely. I think you should keep teaching like this. It really helped me understand the material better."

The teacher's face lights up with appreciation. "Thank you both. I'm really proud of the progress you've made."

As we exchange pleasantries, Misa and I's eyes meet, and there's a moment of shared understanding between us. I can't help but feel a warmth spread through me as I admire Misa's beauty, lost in the depths of her gaze.
🩷🩷🩷

School's out, and we're all heading to Lia's place for some homework time. Lia's parents are out of town, so she's invited us over to study.

We're chilling in her living room, getting ready to do some homework. It's relaxed vibes all around as we joke and chat.

The door swings open, and in walks Misa. She walks  in and greets us all with a casual "Hey, guys."