I study him, noticing the anxiety and shame rolling off him as the truth about his part in the MC comes out. His body is tight and trembling. The time we've spent together recently has given me a little insight about the man sitting next to me. He feels more deeply than he likes to show. He's loyal to a fault. And I know with everything he does, he just wants to make his dad proud. Even if he isn't here to see it.

The connection we've made in such a short time is both exciting and startling. If he feels half as much for me as I do for him, then my reaction to the news about the club will hold a lot of weight in his heart. Me backing away from our relationship because of it would hurt him more than he'd admit.

It would be the smart thing- to take a step back and evaluate the kind of future I want for myself. Getting involved with someone so dangerous puts me at risk. It's not the kind of future I ever envisioned for myself. But I can't stomach the thought of not being with him.

Call it foolish. Call it whatever you want. But I don't think I can walk away from him. No matter how dangerous he may be.

"I get it," he says softly, "if you can't handle that. If you don't want to be with me... I get it."

His words tug at my heart. He looks devastated.

My hand finds his, curling around it firmly and his eyes find mine. They're so full of hope, that I can hardly stand it. One word from me and that hope would be extinguished. I'd be free to choose a different path for my future.

Or...

"I can handle it," I tell him.

Surprise flashes in his glassy orbs. "You can?"

A small smile spread across my lips as I bob my head. "It's scary and crazy, but I can't imagine not being with you. It hasn't been long, but I'm already in too deep to turn back."

The tension seems to melt off his body at my words and before I realize it his lips are on mine, pressing desperately against them. With everything that's gone on lately, he needs this. We need this.

My arms fly around his neck pulling him closer as my mouth works against his. When his slick tongue swipes over my lips, I happily open for him. The kiss turns frantic as his hands weave through my hair, plastering my face to his.

A deep moan sounds in his throat, the sound echoing straight to my lower half. I need this. I need him.

I use all my strength to pull him down on top of me. One of his hands drifts slowly down my side, sending tingles down my spine. He breaks the kiss, watching me as his hand creeps slowly toward my breast. When his thumb skims the underside of my covered flesh, he looks at me. His unspoken question speeds the beating of my already racing heart.

I nod, knowing what he wants- what we both want. His palm moves up, cupping my mound as my nipples harden beneath my shirt. A gasp catches in my throat as he massages one and then the other.

My body's on fire as he nuzzles his face between my tits, sending a wave of need through me. Raptor's mouth moves over them next, capturing my nipple between his teeth. He nips and sucks each one through my shirt as his hands explore the skin under my top.

His rough hands slowly move upward, teasing me as they make their way to where I want them most. His erection presses firmly against my leg as his hips start to thrust. Fuck, I need him.

I arch off the bed, pulling my shirt over my head, and claw at the hem of his where it rests over his jeans. He quickly obliges, ripping the shirt from his body and tossing it blindly to the floor. His hard, tattooed body takes my breath away, and my hands start wandering over his ink.