"I can't...I can't be in this house." He choked out and it dawned on Elena. 

"You're not invited in." She realized and Elijah realized who was holding him up and he turned to look at Elizabeth. 

"Then get me out of here, Elskan." He wheezed and Elizabeth vamp-sped them outside, with her stopping within the doorframe as Elena raced after them. When she got to the front door, Elijah was hunched over Elizabeth as he caught his breath and tried to pull his inner beast under control. All he could smell was Elizabeth's blood and he wanted to drain her of it, longing to tie her to him permanently, but he restrained himself. 

When he caught sight of Elena, he rushed at her to enter the house, but found himself unable to enter. Instead, he glared at her from the threshold, leaning on it from lack of blood and focusing on her so he didn't try draining Elizabeth's blood. 

"What happened?" He demanded and Elizabeth jumped up, covering his mouth with her hand. 

"Shh!" Both she and Elena hissed, pointing at the boarding house and then Elena pointed at her ears, reminding him that Stefan and Damon could hear them.  

"We'll tell you. Not here. Can we trust you?" Elena whispered and Elijah stared her down as Elizabeth removed her hand from his mouth.

"Can I trust you, Elena?" Elijah whispered back to her and Elena didn't verbally answer, instead handing him the silver dagger that had been buried in his chest. He took it and pocketed it, looking between Elizabeth and Elena before Elizabeth dragged them both to her new car. 

Later that morning, Stefan entered the dining room to find Damon eating with Lexi and Rose watching TV in the parlor. 

"Hey, where's Elena?" He asked and Damon looked at him with an unimpressed face. 

"I don't know, Stefan. It's your girlfriend. Lexi and Rose are here, but I haven't seen Elizabeth yet. You seen her?" He asked, rhetorically since his phone was in his pocket, but he had seen the text that Elizabeth sent him, telling him that she and Elena were going with Elijah to negotiate. 

"He'd have to pay attention to something other than Elena for that to happen!" Rose scoffed as she walked back in and Stefan ignored that, pulling his phone out. 

"Hey, it's me. Where are you? Call me." He left a message and then hung up, seeing Damon, Lexi, and Rose all looking at him knowingly. 

"What are you doing? You're both better than Damon?" He asked and Rose scowled at him while Lexi raised an eyebrow. 

"It's really none of your business, is it, Stefan? Plus, I don't much care for Elena, I'm here for Lilibet." She snarked and Damon nodded. 

"Yeah. What she said." He backed up Lexi while Rose moved much closer to Stefan, threat in her eyes. 

"Plus, Damon wasn't the one to leave Elizabeth to die, Elizabeth to be tortured, or showed no concern when she was almost bit by that werewolf." She reminded him. 

"As fun as this is, I have to go get the rest of my things." Lexi said, smiling and Damon made a face. 

"Ugh! Bye." He complained and then swatted Rose when he saw her teasing look. Stefan then saw the front door to the cottage was open and rushed to investigate, while Damon and Rose seeing the concern, followed him. When they got there, Stefan sped inside and Rose looked at Damon in curiosity. 

"Romantic reunion." He admitted and Rose nodded as Stefan came back to the doorway with a frustrated look on his face. 

*** 

Alariklaus was at the door, talking with Maddox while Katherine was making coffee.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Maddox promised and Alariklaus nodded at that.