Gu Yan led Ye Zi over.

Fighting alone against these dozen or so martial experts, Siwei inevitably suffered some superficial injuries. His black robe was stained with blood and it was hard to tell whether it was the assassin's or his. However, Siwei didn't care as he turned to look at Gu Yan: "Master."

Gu Yan took out a bottle of medicine from his bosom and gave it to him: "There is nothing more for you to do here, go back and treat your wounds."

Siwei didn't move and insisted: "This small injury is not a problem, this place is dangerous, you......."

"Swei." Gu Yan faintly interrupted him, "You can leave."

Siwei reluctantly agreed and quickly disappeared into the night.

Ye Zi looked at his retreating figure as he was between laughter and tearsListen: "This kid really......obviously, he isn't very old, but he is always bitter and worries about you constantly like a worrying old mother."

Gu Yan glanced at him, Ye Zi lightly coughed and said seriously: "Why didn't your Majesty let me take action just now? If I joined forces with Siwei, perhaps......"

"Let you take action?" Gu Yan interrupted him, "A Zi, don't forget your identity."

"You are my Princess Consort, not a guard."

Ye Zi was stunned and his heart suddenly thumped heavily.

A flash of confusion flashed across his face before he heard Gu Yan whisper, "I don't want you to face those. Since you don't like it, you don't have to force yourself for my sake."

He didn't like killing, whether in his previous life or now.

A sour and sweet warmth suddenly surged in Ye Zi's heart. He took a deep breath as he forced himself to return his attention to the assassin in front of him.

Ye Zi asked: "Who sent you?"

The assassin had several wounds over his body, and at this moment he was already breathless with a hoarse voice: "I don't know."

Ye Zi frowned and Gu Yan sneered: "You sure are loyal to your master. But you should know that assassinating the Prince is an unforgivable crime. Do you want a quick death or a painful death, or go to the Ministry of Justice's prison?"

The assassin lowered his head and didn't respond.

"Very good, you have guts." Gu Yan's eyes showed a hint of coldness, "This Prince has seen a lot of hard-headed people like you. That's fine, this Prince has time, I can play this game with you."

The assassin's eyes shrank: "I really don't know who the employer is, I haven't seen him. Our business is done at the expense of money, and the employer never shows up in person."

Gu Yan asked: "What is your purpose?"

The assassin raised his head and looked at Ye Zi: "To kill him."

Ye Zi was stunned for a moment and before he could regain his senses, he suddenly saw a silver light flash in front of him.

A dagger fell from Gu Yan's sleeve, sharply slitting the assassin's throat.

The movement was so fast that even Ye Zi didn't notice it.

Ye Zi looked at him hesitantly: "You......"

Didn't he not know martial arts?

But that movement just now......

Gu Yan wiped off the blood on the dagger like it was a normal occurrence and said lightly: "Let's go back first, I know what to do."