chapter 2

*some spice at the end bc why not-

Months passed, around 4 or 5 months to be exact, Sanemi had been busy with Giyuu - trying to learn sign language was a bit difficult

In the hushed halls of the imperial palace, Giyuu and Emperor Sanemi continued their lessons in sign language, their bond deepening with each passing day. Yet, beneath the surface of their growing connection, a storm brewed, threatening to unravel the fragile threads that bound them together.

One evening, as they sat together in the quiet sanctuary of their chambers, tension hung heavy in the air. Giyuu's hands moved with precision as he demonstrated a new set of signs, his expression a mask of concentration. Sanemi watched intently, his brow furrowed in frustration as he struggled to replicate the movements.

"This is pointless,"
Sanemi muttered, his voice tinged with frustration.
"I have more important matters to attend to than learning a language I'll never use."

Giyuu's heart sank at Sanemi's dismissive words, but he remained steadfast in his resolve. Through his translator, he conveyed his frustration, his hands moving with a fluidity born of years of practice. "Communication is key,"
the translator relayed,
"and understanding each other is crucial, especially in times of need."

Sanemi's pride bristled at the implication of his inadequacy, but deep down, he knew that Giyuu spoke the truth. Beneath the veneer of indifference, a seed of doubt had been planted, one that threatened to unravel the carefully constructed facade he had built around his heart.

As days turned into weeks and weeks into months, tensions simmered beneath the surface, their unspoken frustrations fueling the growing chasm between them. Yet, amidst the storm of their conflicting emotions, a glimmer of hope remained, a beacon of light in the darkness that threatened to consume them both.

One fateful evening, as they stood on the balcony overlooking the kingdom bathed in the soft glow of the moon, Sanemi broke the silence that had settled between them like a heavy shroud.

"I'm sorry,"
he whispered, his voice barely audible above the gentle rustle of the wind.

Giyuu turned to face him, his eyes reflecting the depths of his sorrow and longing. Through his translator, he conveyed his forgiveness, his hands moving with a grace that spoke of understanding and acceptance.

And in that moment, as they stood together beneath the vast expanse of the night sky, Emperor Sanemi and his silent consort, Giyuu

...

An upcoming feast would be held with the ministers in Sanemi's home, Giyuu was a bit nervous as he had never been nor have attended fancy events

On the night of the feast, Giyuu found himself seated beside Emperor Sanemi, their plates filled with delicacies fit for royalty. Sanemi engaged in lively conversation with his ministers, his voice commanding the attention of all who gathered around him

The anticipation hung thick in the air as the grand feast approached, filling the imperial palace with a palpable sense of excitement and trepidation. For Giyuu, the prospect of attending such a lavish event filled him with a nervous energy he could scarcely contain.

As the day of the feast dawned, Giyuu found himself standing beside his husband, Emperor Sanemi, amidst a sea of opulence and grandeur. The hall buzzed with the murmurs of courtiers and the clinking of fine china, a stark contrast to the humble simplicity of Giyuu's upbringing.