YOU BOUGHT A DUCK? - Alexia Putellas x Reader

You were in a predicament, unsure how long you can to hide this from Alexia or even how to hide it. Admittedly it wasn't your plan this morning to buy ducklings, seeing them while you browsed the dog toys, forever spoiling Alba's dog.

You didn't even plan on getting them and just went in to have a look at them but a sob story from the store owner about how the were abandoned on the side of the road was enough of a pull on your heart strings to take them, so off you went home with 3 new ducklings and all the supplies you could possibly need.

Arriving home you had set up the ducklings new home in the far corner of the garage, where they would still be safe but there is minimal chance of Alexia finding them.

"Hola amor, I'm home," your girlfriend calls out as she enters the house, she notices your on the couch and comes over to greet you, sweetly pecking your lips before flopping on top of you.

"Alexia you're all sweaty, get off!" You struggle under the strong grip of the Spaniard, clearly she hadn't showered - hoping that she can shower at home with you.

"Remember Bebita, Mami and Alba are coming for dinner later." You go to reply when a peep comes from the garage, Alexia looks at the door confused before she turns to you, you try your best to stay calm, hoping to play this off.

"¿Qué fue eso?" She questions, already making her way to the door that connects the house and the garage. You scramble off the couch, catching up to her before she can open the door, "Probably nothing. You said your Mami and Alba were coming for dinner soon so you need to shower, I'll join you," you smile suggestively, hoping to divert her attention from the noise she heard. It seemed to work as she picked you up, throwing you over her shoulder as she raced off towards your bathroom.

-

Later on you were sat around your dining room table, dinner long finished as you continued laughing and talking with Alexia, her mother and her sister, the ducks completely slipping your mind as you spent quality time with your favourite people.

Eli was halfway through a story on one of the many pranks Alba used to play on Alexia when they were younger, through laughter she told you how Alba had put semi permanent hair dye in Alexia's shampoo but told her it was permanent causing the captain to try murder her younger sister. The story brought to a halt when a quack was heard, all 3 women stop and turn to the door, you hope they think they had just misheard but right on cue another quack was heard, much louder and clearer than the previous one.

Alexia stood from her seat, not even giving you a chance to stop her before she made her way to the garage and barging through the door; you, Eli and Alba not far behind.

When you arrived you saw her standing in front of the chickens box, staring at it with her jaw clenched.

"Al-" you couldn't even finish your sentence before she was turning to you, "YOU BOUGHT A DUCK?"

You heard Eli and Alba gasp behind you, Alba pushing past to go see the duck as you smiled sheepishly at your girlfriend, unsure how to weasel your way out of this.

"Ducks, there's three," you corrected her. That was not the right thing to say, you heard Alba snicker but your girlfriend was far from pleased.

"Dios mío, were you even going to tell me? where did you even get ducks? how are we even going to take care of them?" Your girlfriend rapidly spewing out questions along with a few Spanish curse words, although those were silenced when Eli sternly told Alexia off for her language.

"I got them from the pet store, they were just dumped at the side of the road and had no one to take care of them," you decided switch tactics, you knew Alexia was infatuated with you, forever being teased about how in love with you she truly was and how she would do anything for you.