Weddings

S12 Ep6 Port In The Storm

Brettsey had driven away into the night... so how did the night end for Stellaride?

For those who asked and entrusted me to write it.. and for those who didn't ask but read it anyway... 😉

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Weddings. Everyone says they bring out the best in everyone. And so this one had. Cheers and farewells sang through the air, the rice that had been tossed to wish the happy couple the best of luck, lay scattered on the ground, a latent reminder tomorrow of the celebrations today.
At the back of the well-wishers to one side, Kelly and Stella had their arms wrapped around each other, as the Casey's car disappeared into the cold Chicago night, Stella leaning into her husband for comfort, his hand moving over her back and butt in a mixture of consolation and reassurance knowing she was struggling to hold back tears. Goodbyes to friends were never easy. And this one was harder than most, but at least it had given two of their 51 family a happy ever after. One perhaps a few years ago when things had been different, no one would have ever predicted. But life was a funny old thing. And for Kelly and Stella, this was a regrounding of their own relationship and a shift back to solid ground.

The celebrations had carried on well into the night when Kelly's eyes searched out his wife, finding her behind the bar, watching her face break into a laugh at something Violet was saying. Stella had done a lot of that today. Laugh. They both had. And it felt good.
Marriage hadn't been kind to them in the last year, time apart...ill thought out decisions..misunderstandings, having taken over. And it had been wearing on their relationship. And on the two of them.
But Arizona had helped them confront their anxieties, and they had taken positive steps in the right direction, and today had been proof of that.

" It's time you impregnated her with some babies, Severide.... She's a natural."
Trudy had suddenly appeared next to him and followed his eyes towards Stella.

Kelly tried not to laugh."Err... Thanks, Trudy...I'll bear that in mind." And he made a hasty beeline towards the bar.

"To Sylvie!" Stella clinked a shot glass with Violet, the girls knocking back their tequila's, pulling faces when the fiery liquid hit the back of their throats, the emotional hangover of saying farewell to Sylvie, still hovering over them.
As Julia's sitter, Stella had been conservative in her alcahol consumption during the earlier celebrations, but now she was more than making up for it. She was already reaching for the tequila bottle on the counter to pour again, when Kelly came up behind her and took his wife's hand, giving it a gentle tug.

"Cab's here, babe." There was that sweet smile again. The one he'd been wearing ever since he got home yesterday, and Stella's heart melted for the four hundred and fiftieth time since then.
The moment her husband had walked into the bunker room and looked her in the eyes was the moment when all her shadows had lifted. The understanding of what the other needed finally came, and so did the trust that they would always have each other.

And now the smile she gave him back was electric.

"It's probably a good thing.." She gave his hand a squeeze and put down the bottle of tequila." Sorry, Violet... you're gonna have to finish this party with someone else...." She glanced slyly over Violet's shoulder where Carver was in conversation with Hermann and Ritter, but his eyes fixed on Violet.

"I told you before Stella...it's just sex..." Her hand went over her mouth in mock embarrassment when she realised Kelly was listening. "You never heard that, Lieutenant."

"Heard what?" Kelly replied, eyes twinkling.

Carver and Makami? There was a time when Kelly had wondered if Carver had a thing for Stella... but guess he had got that wrong....thankfully. He was happy for Makami. If it was, anything, that is.