chapter 3 : blooming feelings

It had been a couple weeks now that Ace was with the band. The band at this point have pretty much just adopted ace fully. It honestly felt amazing to have a bassist that wasn't constantly causing fights and yelling about the littlest things. Today was going to be Ace's first time doing a music video with the band. The band had drove into memory!tale and are busy setting up everything . from noodle asking people to be part of the video, to Russell setting up the cameras for the multiple shots. It was honestly a bit overwhelming for Ace but also very exciting.

After a bit 2d finally shows up on set. He had to do a few extra things at the studio before the music video. The taxi that 2d took here parks near the rest of the band. The band looks up as 2d gets out of the cab. He was in his outfit for the music video. A sleeveless white shirt with fairly short green shorts and some roller skates that matched the outfit quite well. It was quite simple but nice. 2d had red headphones currently around his neck as well. He fiddles with the microphone on his shirt a bit trying to get it close enough to his mouth so his singing wouldn't be muffled. 

     After Ace was done fiddling with his gelled hair for a minute he glanced up to 2d. Despite ace normally not being easily attracted by people's clothing and appearance....he found 2d quite attractive in his outfit. He didn't know if it was the outfit itself or 2d's joyful and genuinely happy expression ...but ...ace certainly found something quite attractive about the blue haired singer. 2d wouldn't notice ace staring at him through his black sunglasses, too occupied with making sure his outfit was completely ready.

It felt like many minutes that Ace couldn't take his eyes off of 2d. Noodle would suddenly force Ace back into reality as she taps a finger on his shoulder making ace jump startled. Noodle was surprised by Ace's response since from what she knew he wasn't an easily spooked guy. She forces herself not to question it for now, doing her best to stay serious. " alright ace i need you to go get in your position . I know it's your first time doing a music video but I'm sure you'll do great!" Ace forces himself to go back to his normal cool attitude while doing his best to not glance back to 2d. He nods, giving noodle a smile . " alright noodz. "Ace gets the basketball prop that he's supposed to pop and goes to his position. Noodle notices a very faint tint of blush on ace's face......hm. Definitely something she is going to have to ask him about later. But for now Noodle quickly gets into her position knowing that 2d was ready to start.

2d puts his headphones over his ears and begins to sing the song humility as he starts skating on the planned route for the video enjoying the smooth and calming activity . As Ace patiently waits for his moment he couldn't help but watch 2d skate around as the heavenly singing came from him. 2d was having the time of his life enjoying two of his favorite hobbies at once. Ace while in the trance suddenly gets spooked again as the basketball is thrown to him. 2d notices this and signals to noodle to pause the music video . noodle quickly yells out. " CUT!" making everyone pause as Ace slightly blushes a bit more embarrassed that he just ruined his scene. 

    Noodle quickly walks over to Ace wondering what ended up going wrong. She notices Ace's blush that contrasts a lot on his green complexion... Something fishy is going on. Before noodle can say anything Ace quickly forces himself to get back into a serious mood not wanting the band to have to waste hours just because he can't take his gaze off of 2d. "Sorry about that noodz...I must have just gotten distracted." noodle would raise her brow but decides to play it off for now despite having a feeling that ace wasn't telling her the full truth. She looked to 2d signaling to him that Ace was ready. 2d nods to noodle as he skates back into position. Noodle calls out . " ALRIGHT LETS TRY THIS AGAIN! TRY NUMBER TWO!"

2d starts once again doing the same skating route as he sings . Ace forces his vision away from 2d . Finally it was Ace's turn . He quickly catches the basketball and pulls out his switchblade giving a grin as he uses the switchblade to pop the basketball making it fly off. Finally Ace got his scene right. He takes a deep breath of relief as he glances back to 2d. He continues to silently admire 2d as he continues to sing and skate around . After a couple more minutes the band finally finishes the music video . humility was finally ready for posting .

2d after a bit more skating finally gets back to the car that the rest of the band had taken here. He grabs his duffle bag that he brought with and leans on the car as he puts normal shoes on. While 2d is distracted and Russell is grabbing the cameras to put them away, noodle walks over to Ace . she looks at him with a confused face. " So do you want to explain what was with the blushing? I know you don't get flustered easily. " 

     Ace sighed, debating to himself if he really had a good explanation for noodle. Noodle watches as Ace struggles to figure out a response. " uhm...i know this is going to sound stupid...but...i think i have...a crush on 2d." noodle perks her head up at ace's response certainly not expecting that out of him. Ace decides to explain a bit more. " i don't know why...but his outfit ... .made me...attracted to him. "Noodle would listen as she looked back and forth at 2d and ace. Ace blushes a bit flustered about admitting this to someone who is pretty much 2d's sister.

Noodle notices ace's expression . she slightly chuckled. " Well I guess I'm getting you two together then." noodle jokes to ace. Ace's face blows up in blush as he becomes even more flustered making noodle giggle at his expression. 2d after a moment before noodle can mess with ace walks over giving ace a smile. " You did great for your first music video ace. '' Ace forces his sunglasses slightly lower on his face to cover up his blush as he smiles to 2d. " thanks 2d. You were really great too. I really love your outfit too." 2d would slightly blush at Ace's compliments as his smile grows a bit flattered. " Well, thank you ace. Anyways, I wanted to offer to take us all out to lunch if you two are hungry." Ace and noodle nod to 2d's kind gesture. 2d seemed happy to be able to treat the band. " Alright, I'll meet you two in the car then!" 2d walks away to join Russell in the car and help him put the rest of the filming stuff in the trunk.

Noodle after 2d leaves gave a smirk to ace . " Are you sure it was just the outfit-HEY!" Ace starts speed walking away from noodle calling to her in a playful way " we can talk at anytime noodle! I'm starving!" Noodle smirked, rolling her eyes at Ace's reaction. She follows him to the car ready to eat lunch