BuyTigers.com

BuyTigers.com is a website which claims to sell tigers online and ship them worldwide. After complaints by (PETA), the author revealed the site to be a hoax.

History[]

BuyTigers.com was designed by Aldo Tripiciano, an Italian webmaster and (SEO) professional. On March 5, 2006, the first version of the BuyTigers.com site was published by Tripiciano on a private web server. Promoted by Tripiciano, the site grew in popularity and attracted controversy from concerned animal rights activists. In September 2008, petitioned the and Italian . Following the investigation, Tripiciano posted a public disclaimer that revealed the site as a hoax. After the , the site received further media attention.

Site[]

BuyTigers.com logo. The colors of the logo are reflecting these of a tiger's fur, for a more "realistic" feeling.

BuyTigers.com consists of a single-page website with pictures of young tigers, presented as if real examples of animals offered for sale. The site claims that tigers, despite being strong and dangerous predators, are trained to be loving, loyal and "totally harmless" pets. The website also claims to have been shipping tigers worldwide since 1984. A "tiger package", offered for $13,400, includes a five-month-old female tiger, an ivory collar, tiger toys, and a training guide.

The site was selected by the radio network as one of the best Internet hoaxes of all time.