"What the heck? They said the door would be unlocked when I got here...I should give them a call..." you muse.

"Hello, Uncanny Valley apartment hunters, how may we help you?" a voice said from your phone.

"Uh, hello...I'm supposed to move in today but my apartment is locked?" You can hear paper shuffling on the other side of the line, followed by what you can only describe as the roars of an animal you can't place.

"Ah, yes...You...We had a little issue with your apartment and it wont be ready until tomorrow. Our apologies." They explained back to you on the phone.

"Oh no...what am I going to do now?" you whispered to yourself. What could the issue possibly be? Maybe you could pry more for a better explanation, but you also don't want to be rude.

You sigh, but ultimately decide it's better to just be patient, you don't know what the company might be going through right now.

"Thank you...please give me a call when my apartment is ready." you say in a defeated tone.

"Yes, of course. Have a good day, You"

With that, they hang up and left you standing in the front of the building you should have already been in by now.

"Shoot...Now what..?" you ask yourself. You shove your hands in your pockets absent mindedly and feel the hard piece of paper crunch against your fist.

You pull the paper out of your pocket and suddenly remember Maison.

"Heh... yeah right, I was lucky to afford this apartment, I can't buy a house right now."
"...... still, it wouldn't hurt to call and see what's available..." you tell yourself hesitantly.

You decide to call Maison. "Yeah, I don't see the harm in blowing some time looking at pretty houses I'll never afford. At least it's something to do." you explain to yourself

You look around as the sweat drips from your forehead because of the blaring sun waiting for Maison to pick up the phone.

"No answer...so much for being the #1 realtor in Uncanny Valley." you sigh with irritation.

You turn around as you're met with a familiar tall figure behind you.

"AAAH?!" you yelp back in surprise.

"Hello and thank you for your call. Are you ready to see your dream house TODAY?" he exclaims.

"W-were you just...waiting here for me to call you?!" you manage to stutter out.

"How ridiculous. I am simply the best in the city, always waiting for a PERSPECTIVE BUYER's call. I am always ready to show you to your BRAND. NEW. LIFE."

This guy was starting to worry you greatly, but he was already here, it'd be rude to ask him to leave...

Yeah, I mean there's no harm in going with him, he's just trying to do his job, right?

He may be a bit... pushy, but realtors are always like that.

"Alright, Maison. Let's go look at this house." you state.

"Oh, I knew you would choose the right answer, dear buyer." he muses as his white, flashy smile elongates further up his long, chiseled face.

"Let us go right there, then. The house is simply DYING to meet you."

"...What..?"

Before you could properly ask him why he phrased it so oddly, you felt him roughly grah you by the upper arm, dragging you along with him down the street. His long boney fingers seem to engulf your whole upper arm with one hand, his nails slightly digging into your soft flesh as he drags you across the streets of Uncanny Valley.