01

Sigh... You've been on this bus for hours, it's been so long since it's stopped too. Unfortunately for you, it's an extremely hot day, no clouds to hide the unmerciful sun shining down onto now what happens to be Uncanny Valley, your stop.

"Woah, this place seems better than I thought!" You exclaimed. You step out of the bus and the sunshine hits you, almost burning you raw. Thankfully you put on sunblock beforehand so that was a relief.

You keep walking until you find a map of the whole valley, and you look through it. Your stuff and luggage had already been sorted out into your apartment on the other side of town, so there was no need for you to go back. You decide to walk around the city, wandering until you find something that catches your eye.

As you wander, you seem to find yourself in the busier, working side of the district. You look around and all you see around you was busy works-people rushing to get to their jobs on time. Suddenly, as you're focusing on the buildings around you, you don't notice an older, tall man position himself in your line of sight. His bright red blazer catches your eye and startles you.

"Oh!..I'm sorry, I haven't seen you there..do you need some help..?" I manage to stutter out. I notice that he's quite taller than me, almost a whole feet or two, freakishly tall man. His smile curves up his face, revealing a perfect set of white, straight teeth, and his eyes piercing into your smaller figure, making you feel very uneasy as you wait for the older man to speak.

"You're new in town. Lost and wandering. You need a place to call your own."

The way he talked surprised you. His voice was so smooth as if he's given this same speech a million times.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Maison Talo. #1 REALTOR in all of the Uncanny Valley. I can help you find your dream home TODAY."

He quickly snatched a business card from his breast pocket, only for another identical business card to pop up and take it's place.

He offered it out to you, his hand coming uncomfortably close to your face, making your flinch a bit back, almost falling and tripping onto the ground behind you before taking it from him.

"Give me a call and we can get you set up in a new house TODAY. GUARANTEED."

"Uhm..okay? I should tell you, I already have an apartment lined up, so I don't think I'm in a place to be buying a whole house."

I was returned with silence from the man, but then he suddenly replied, "Hehehe, that's quite alright. I'm sure you'll be giving me a call, I AM the #1 REALTOR in all of Uncanny Valley after all."
"I have never had a disappointed buyer. You'll love the house I've found just for YOU."
"I'll be waiting."

The strange realtor walked away before you could get a chance to argue, his long legs, carrying him faster than you expected.

You just shrugged and packeted the business card, no harm in holding onto it in case something happens with the new apartment.

You quickly brush yourself off and walk off to your apartment.

As you approach your new apartment complex. You feel warm in your heart and can't help thinking about how you're finally getting a much needed change in your life.

You take a deep breath in, taking in the cool, clean air of the valley and step forward to find your apartment number.

"Ah, here it is! This is so exciting. I've been wanting my own past meme for a while." you exclaim to yourself excitedly.

You go to turn the handle.
"Huh...?"

The door doesn't budge as you twist the handle.

You try again. It's locked.