Introduction

Thanks for looking at my story!

This story is an attempt to mash together a Winrina ship (from k-pop) with the classic novel The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, one of my all-time favorite books.

One of the characters in the original is a white supremacist. For this story, he's also homophobic. There will probably be some racist/homophobic language but I'll call it out at the beginning of the chapter.

3/29/24  Update: Because I've read the original book many times, I've struggled not to reflexively default to the details in the book: Gatsby is male, and Karina's name is Daisy. If I did, and missed changing any, or used male pronouns for Karina, my apologies!

I can't write authentically from an LGBTQ+ perspective, so if I say something rude or silly please know that it wasn't on purpose.

This story is 100% fiction and isn't connected to any real people or real situations in any way.

This was written the old-fashioned way -- ChatGPT was not used.

As of now (March 2024) I have other ship stories you can read: "Splashing in Puddles" (ryeji), "Vector" (ryeji), "Yellow Flowers" (miso / 2yeon / Miyeon & Soyeon of (G)I-DLE), "Arkangel" (winrina), and "Mission/18" (winrina & ryeji.) I am in-progress on a story called "kill process 1171," a story based on the awesome TV show Person of Interest.

I hope you enjoy The Great Gatsby.

With gratitude,

Anonymous